• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Want to put A/C in a M925A1... anyone got pictures of their install?

scootertrs

Just got my M925 and being in south florida, I know that a/c is a must. A couple of years back, I picked up two complete a/c systems from members. One is the red dot type that the condensing unit goes on the hump of a hummer and the other one, is the type that has a regular condensing coil. Both are still complete and sealed in their crates. I don't want to reinvent the wheel if I don't have to. I would appreciate if another member would share his experience and makes recommendations. Pics would be great. Thanks

scootertrs

Doing a preliminary review of the 925, I soon realized that the place where I wanted to install the evaporator (I had planned it out for my 818-but someone kept throwing me money for it... and I succombed... ) was under the seat, but in the 925, that is where the batteries live. During the weekend I will study the options, I like the under the passenger seat option, so it may require battery relocation.

I am really hesitant to do many mods since this truck is about as cherry as it gets (with the exception of someone at the GL yard needed the cover for the single contact jumper and absconded with it -as well as all of the tools). May the gnats of a thousand camels invade his wife's underwear (if I know women, they will blame him as the carrier... ).

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I'll be watching this thread as well. I was going to put the AC in my deuce. But the 931 just is so much more comfortable.

Bighurt

Doing a preliminary review of the 925, I soon realized that the place where I wanted to install the evaporator (I had planned it out for my 818-but someone kept throwing me money for it... and I succombed... ) was under the seat, but in the 925, that is where the batteries live. During the weekend I will study the options, I like the under the passenger seat option, so it may require battery relocation.

I am really hesitant to do many mods since this truck is about as cherry as it gets (with the exception of someone at the GL yard needed the cover for the single contact jumper and absconded with it -as well as all of the tools). May the gnats of a thousand camels invade his wife's underwear (if I know women, they will blame him as the carrier... ).
They have a battery relocation kit, i have one. Might want to find one.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The Frankenstein armored cabs have a/c . I have seen pics but it is with the 8.3L A2's. Compressor mounted on the driver's side below power stg. Not positive but i think only a2's were uparmored so us folks with the nhc 250 have to invent the wheel.

I have not seen the internals in the cab. There is a member in Fl with one and I requested pics but he has not posted any of the set up.

The thing i think will be the hardest is mounting the compressor. I have looked around my truck and it seems the best place will be right below the power steering pump or above the generator. Any thoughts?

scootertrs

I was actually looking at that today, seems a tough one. both options seem feasible, I also thought that underneath the alternator might also be good.

The thing i think will be the hardest is mounting the compressor. I have looked around my truck and it seems the best place will be right below the power steering pump or above the generator. Any thoughts?

goldneagle

Here is a spare slot on the flywheel of the water pump that you can run a belt for the compressor with. I got to look to see, but I think there is enough room under the power steering reservoir for the compressor.

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just won a M934 that a A/C system installed in it. If you want I can take some pics when I get the truck in a week.

scootertrs

Mind if we sit on the sidewalk by your house??? -:) That is one heck of a find... Your offer is very much appreciated, and may save us a lot of skinned nuckles and money. Thanks for the offer

I just won a M934 that a A/C system installed in it. If you want I can take some pics when I get the truck in a week.

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sure I will do that for sure when I get it.
Yes it is coming for the government with the A/C installed.
I will picking it up on Feb. 5th.

meyerhvac

Banned
Wow, that will be great to see the pics!
I saw the photos, the compressor was mounted on the drivers side, looked brand new. The evap was mounted between the seats, it was a sweet looking unit. I just won a 923 and will probably install ac in it if I like it enough to keep. I did not see how they mounted the condenser but hopefully it will not be a odd unit.
My son in law works for peter-built and I do hvac work so when and if I install a aftermarket system I will keep all the part numbers and part list along with detailed instructions.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks