• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Want to race? Bring your Deuce. PNW reminder.

Kaiserjeeps

Ha! That video is awesome! Heck yea we will get video. Josh will be there hopefully with some 395's on. Nice to have someone as slow as me going. Even the log trucks with a trailer spanked me severly last time.:mrgreen::mrgreen:
There is some really fast stuff there also. The blue International on the home page for the track is amazing. 350 foot burnouts. Hearing a diesel come alive is an unforgettable sound.
I'll be there 9AMish.:driver:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Post your times!

BTW, My eyes were watering in that video! Jeff's dust was killing me! rofl

I don't recall the top speed, but It was in the "double digits"!:mrgreen:

Last edited:

hwcurtice

I think the cargo 5 ton had an unfair advantage over the Wrecker 5 ton. :driver:

Maybe it should have had the cargo cover on to slow it down some? :doghead:

Should have shown the trophy afterwards too...

There was a trophy, right?

Right?

Josh

I made the deuce a convertible last night. I hope they let me run with out a roof. Just incase I'll bring it along to be safe.

sewerzuk

Saturday is truck day at the race track in Woodburn Oregon.
Last time I made 6 passes down the quarter mile. Josh says he wants to race.
Should I take the cargo cover off? :mrgreen:

Woodburn Dragstrip
aua

Boy...had I known, I would certainly have taken my deuce there. I already have plans that cannot be changed for this weekend. I'll add it to my calendar for next year, though.

Kaiserjeeps

We will look forward to seeing you next year for sure.
I convinced Liz to go. I told her we need video. I better pull the cargo cover today. I see Josh has pulled his cab top. I wonder if I waxed it if it would help>?:mrgreen:
I've got an LDS sitting here. If I got started right now...

So far Josh and I are meeting at 8:30 AM at the Tualatin sherwood exit right off the freeway.

We will get time slips after each run. And it's supposed to be 95 out.

The steam up's last weekend is also here. Another top notch thing to do.

I love summer time.:) Start your engines!

Josh

Hey Al. Do they have a tech you have to pass?. Of is just get in and go. Only reaso. I ask is my truck drips a little. And if i do t grt the 395s on, there are some dry rot cracks on my rear tires.

dblcamaros

Wow, loved the video! Won't you running hatless create more of drag due to extra air flow through the cab? Not to mention you'd better wear a mask and goggles also. (or at least stay in the lead)

sewerzuk

We will look forward to seeing you next year for sure.
I convinced Liz to go. I told her we need video. I better pull the cargo cover today. I see Josh has pulled his cab top. I wonder if I waxed it if it would help>?:mrgreen:
I've got an LDS sitting here. If I got started right now...

So far Josh and I are meeting at 8:30 AM at the Tualatin sherwood exit right off the freeway.

We will get time slips after each run. And it's supposed to be 95 out.

The steam up's last weekend is also here. Another top notch thing to do.

I love summer time.:) Start your engines!
I was at the Steam Up last weekend; well worth the $10 to get in! I'd guess that anybody who owns/drives/likes a deuce will also like the steam up :beer:

Next year for sure; I'll add it on the calendar and see you guys there!

Kaiserjeeps

What a great day! I have been trying to upload the vids since sat. My computer is saving the video files as an MP4 and no longer an AVI file. Even on photobucket they won't play here. So I now have them on U-tube. We will give it a shot.

Wow, what a day. Liz and I met Josh on I-5 southbound this morning. We motored down to Woodburn and entered the races. Lots of log trucks.
Lots of fast pick ups and an insane blazer. And it was hot. They called for 95 and it seemed all of that and more sometimes.

I'm running 1100's and a multifuel with a c turbo. I was running straight diesel. I have my injection pump turned up a little. Josh is running 900's and a multifuel, same turbo and a WMO mix. He said he turned up his IP "alot" LOL.

I pretty much ran it hard. I could not keep up with him. I miss shiffted on two runs.
I almost had him.

Here liz is changing sides because of the sun. It was our first run and they had us go a little early. Liz was lucky to catch us.
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TV32loqIYjE&feature=channel&list=UL[/media]
Getting ready to stage. Since we were the absolute slowest rucks there, they let us race each other instead of mismatching to a log truck.

A great run. Funny it feels like you are passing the finish line at 80 MPH.
That time slip must be lying at 49 MPH. That was Josh's best time. And the best I could do was 46MPH. 2 down from last time. I think it's because I left my cab vents open.

Another staging.

And a great run.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiumWuHDRmE&feature=plcp[/media]

And this guy always puts on a show. He had some problems and later got them fixed. He accidentally broke loose on his run down the track and literally smoked his tires for the entire quarter mile. Now thats power.

Turn the sound way up.
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqvp1mDucxs&feature=plcp[/media]

Next year I may run the LDS that is sitting here.
Good times.

Liz and I followed it up with a stop at the Oregon Steam up the next day. We spotted the Portland MVCCO crowd at the parade.

And the ice cream made with steam power is the best.

caliber1

LMAO, cool videos. An old friend of mine used to run a pro-dragster harley at Woodburn. Got a picture of him at half track with the front wheel about 8" in the air. 46 MPH through the traps huh, flyin low.

Kaiserjeeps

LMAO, cool videos. An old friend of mine used to run a pro-dragster harley at Woodburn. Got a picture of him at half track with the front wheel about 8" in the air. 46 MPH through the traps huh, flyin low.
I think they were due next weekend. Now thats cohonjes to do that.

Even Josh said it felt like we were hauling double that past the line. It was kind of funny and darn fun. Made for some painfully long videos though. I had to tell liz to quit filming half way down. :p

Next time I will put in an in cab video camera.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks