• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

WANTED: Engine Rebuild Kit for 1964 Larc

EMC1323

Trying to help out a volunteer fire dept SCUBA/ Water Rescue team out their LARC has been in and out of Service for several years. Bear with me as Im new at the military stuff and am posting this on request of the SCUBA captain who is not computer literate.

wanted a engine rebuild kit for a 1962 LARC

current engine is Cummins Diesel V8-265

engine was last rebuilt 8/79 numbers on plate 92350-1 98014

numbers on top of air intake 155407 USA 10/22/1962

If rebuild kit is not available they will be looking for a replacement motor. The local cummins diesel shop has been no help they say no parts are available.

Thanks for any help that you can give

Last edited:

NEIOWA

Fire Dept can get replacement engine for repower from DOD surplus for the cost of shipping thru state forester FFP or FEPP programs. I'm pretty sure the Cummins was a redheaded stepchild in military applications. IF there is enough length/room in the engine bay changing out to a newer (or modern) I6 would probably be smarter than putting a lot of time/resources into the old Cummings.

DOD has been dumpong boat loads of MRAP repair parts and parts from MRAP they are demiling. Including CAT C9 and IH Maxxforce engines in the 300hp range (modern engines). For "newer" of the Cummins from M925 series would be a easy to obtain. Perhaps even getting a good running truck and pulling the engine. Lots of options near by in PA. Mechanicsburg has a huge DLA distribution center for automotive parts.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks