• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

wanted fuel filter base parts

cagosti

I am trying to make a new stanadyne Model 80 filter base, I still need the
bleed valve parts and the water in gas switch sensor.
any one know of a stocking surplus dealer who may have the whole thing NOS
or a parts source?
Thanks
Charles
Portage mi M1008A1

86M10086.2L

Just a thought, if your not doing a Concours D'elegance style resto on the truck. I had to replaced the filter base on my truck also. I replaced the plastic bleed caps with 1/8 brass needle valves. Much easier to bleed, no mess, but you have to tap the base out for them. If anyone's interested let me know and I'll try to put a picture up.

86M10086.2L

Here they are, just ordianry 1/8-1/4 brass needle valves available at most any hardware or home improvement store. You can see I installed some 1/8 couplings on top of the shoulder nipples for clearence issues but your trucks may be alittle different. I also kept the compression fittings that came with the valves and used some small lengths of 1/4 copper tubing to attach the hoses to. You could use barbed fittings too but this was easier and cleaner looking to me. Keep in mind you have to tap the filter base to install the nipples. I used regular permatex to seal the nipples to the base the rest is just plain old teflon tape.

Attachments