• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wanted: M105 Handbrake Cable

FSBruva

Good evening, all,

I just picked up my M105A2 from GL, and found that the passenger side handbrake cable is mangled. The part that is damaged is the sleeved part between the turnbuckle and the drum. This means the handbrake doesn't release on that side. The short term fix is to remove the cable, but I would like to replace it to restore full functionality.

We are currently in the Atlanta area, but will be driving up I-95 to CT in about a week, if that makes logistics easier.

Thanks!

TaylorTradingCo

I am north of Atlanta on I-75 in Ringgold, GA (near Chattanooga). I have numerous trailers we could pull a handle from. Let me know if you are coming through here.

Derek Taylor

KaiserM109

I am north of Atlanta on I-75 in Ringgold, GA (near Chattanooga). I have numerous trailers we could pull a handle from. Let me know if you are coming through here.

Derek Taylor
If that doesn't work for you, I scrapped out an M105 a year ago and kept the brake assemblies, including that cable. I have already given away some of the bolts for the brake lines. No hurry, it's just laying around. The last I checked I could mail it to you for $5.95.

If anybody else needs M105 brake parts, just holler.

FSBruva,
It sounds like you suffered from damage by the infamous Forklift of Death. GL has several of those around. Take a good look at your relay valve, particularly the “wasp excluder” at the bottom. GL is bad about breaking them. See http://www.steelsoldiers.com/trailers/14743-if-you-have-m105a2-undamaged-valve.html for details. There is a link in that thread to a company in MO that gave me some used excluders free.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks