• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

WANTED: Restored 3/4 ton Dodge Command Car

GIBill

Hello all,

Looking to purchase a restored, turn-key WWII 3/4 ton Dodge Command Car. It can be a WC-56/WC-57/orWC-58 with or with-out winch. Let me know what you have. Thanks.

Best regards,

Bill

bpeaslee@aol.com

Call (732)-489-1012 24/7

Fleetmaster

Hi Jeepman

The WC-58 was different in that it was build with a 12 Volt elec installation iso the 6Volt as on all other WC series. This because it was a radio communication vehicle. The WC-58 was build in limited numbers (2344 pcs) and never featured winches.

Picture depicts one in action in the Pacific

The CC I restored comes from a French WWII vehicle collector who once possessed 30+
vehicles he bought from the US Army when they decomissioned their ex WWII stock.
The Command Car was the last vehicle he disposed of. it was used as a parade car for the high brass of the French Army in the early 50's and sat idle ever since, till I bought it in 2003. After restoring it I was offered a 'deal I could not refuse' from China...
Bart

Attachments

ETBaals

12 Volt

Hi
Bart, is your WC57 6 volt?
If it is were is your battery and what does the right side running board look like?
I checked the manuals
ALL of the WC56 WC57 WC58 And WC53s were 12 volt from the factory.
As were the late WC51 and WC52s.

They all came with the battery box on the right running board and a 12 volt 55 amp generator.

I still have a WC53 and i had a WC56.
Ernie

JeepMan

It's still confusing then because I've heard the winch/12 volt CC's were '58's. However then I've heard the '58 designation was dropped.
Anyone know for sure??

TedG

Ernie nailed it.

WC56 non winch, 12volt ( I have one, 1942), command reconnaissance vehicle
WC57 w/winch, 12volt, command reconnaissance vehicle
WC58 w/winch, 12volt, radio car

12volt battery on right side running board. Other WC's were 6 volt and the battery is located inside the engine compartment, left hand side above frame rail.

Regards,

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks