• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wanted - spare tire carrier info for short wheelbase rigs

reitenger

I am looking for a better picture and info for one of the spare tire carriers on one of the short wheelbase rigs. I have an M221, and i'm pretty sure that the spare won't fit underneath like on some rigs. I am interested in finding more info and pictures of the unit that puts the spare up behind the cab. Finding a lead on an actual carrier would be awesome as well (doesn't hurt to dream).

RE: Wanted - spare tire carrier info for short wheelbase rig

The m221 did not come with a spare tire carrier but adding one to the deck should not be hard . (pm) me your adress and I will send you some pictures of my truck and you can get some ideas .kenny

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
RE: Wanted - spare tire carrier info for short wheelbase rig

You could put an M35 carrier on if you feel you need a spare. I have one available if you want it.

reitenger

Re: RE: Wanted - spare tire carrier info for short wheelbase

topo said:
The m221 did not come with a spare tire carrier but adding one to the deck should not be hard . (pm) me your adress and I will send you some pictures of my truck and you can get some ideas .kenny
Your close enough I could just grab a bag of wrenches and drive down. Save some fab time that way.

I definitely want a spare on board and don't think I have the space underneath with the 2 air tanks that don't seem to be there on the M135/M211. I am running the truck 900+ miles to Arkansas in January and a spare might come in real handy.