• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wanted - spare tire carrier info for short wheelbase rigs

reitenger

I am looking for a better picture and info for one of the spare tire carriers on one of the short wheelbase rigs. I have an M221, and i'm pretty sure that the spare won't fit underneath like on some rigs. I am interested in finding more info and pictures of the unit that puts the spare up behind the cab. Finding a lead on an actual carrier would be awesome as well (doesn't hurt to dream).

RE: Wanted - spare tire carrier info for short wheelbase rig

The m221 did not come with a spare tire carrier but adding one to the deck should not be hard . (pm) me your adress and I will send you some pictures of my truck and you can get some ideas .kenny

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
RE: Wanted - spare tire carrier info for short wheelbase rig

You could put an M35 carrier on if you feel you need a spare. I have one available if you want it.

reitenger

Re: RE: Wanted - spare tire carrier info for short wheelbase

topo said:
The m221 did not come with a spare tire carrier but adding one to the deck should not be hard . (pm) me your adress and I will send you some pictures of my truck and you can get some ideas .kenny
Your close enough I could just grab a bag of wrenches and drive down. Save some fab time that way.

I definitely want a spare on board and don't think I have the space underneath with the 2 air tanks that don't seem to be there on the M135/M211. I am running the truck 900+ miles to Arkansas in January and a spare might come in real handy.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks