• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

wanting 6 wheels instead of 10

sermis

I need to get some PIC's in the day light. I like the 395/85/20's on my truck. Almost 65 mph on highway. You loose some low end acceleration and slow some on hills but on flats it will run just fine.

Attachments

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
sermis said:
"No I will not build them on a different back spacing, no I will not paint them, no I will not trade your wife, daughter, ex wife, or mother in law!"

What about a gun, everyone will trad for a gun.
haha!! Sermis, I remember the wheels you made! I liked those as far as the handyman special went.
But yeah with Obama Ben Lahden looming, evrybody better be trading for gunz.. and amo. lots of it. haha.

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
One thing from the D-Day rally - - articulation. If you buy OD Iron's fine wheels and put tall tires on them, keep in mind you may want to limit the rear suspestion travel so that the tires cannot contact the underside of the bed during wheeling. see attached image for aticulation example with stock tires, them imagine it with the big tires you might prefer in some cases. I am not sure if the limitation can be done with a set of rubber blocks, or what. Just suggesting a cautionary investigation into the need for it.

Attachments

M1075

OPCOM said:
see attached image for aticulation example with stock tires, them imagine it with the big tires you might prefer in some cases.
I can confirm that 15.5s and 395s will rub a few of the bed crossmembers and maybe the underside of the deuce bed during extreme articulation and when loaded to the max. I did it once with 5+ tons in the bed. However, I expect that 99.5% of use will not result in any problems. In the pic OPCOM posted, the 15.5s and 395s will go a long way to make sure the truck doesn't highcenter on the fuel tank, steps, or spare.

jodyp

the 395's i think are the way for me to go. i love big tires. i have a toyota that gets me thru the tight spots on the trail. so i really just want the duece to play in the mud a little and it'll give me something big enough to pull my excursion out of the mud too. i like big trucks!!!! :twisted: