• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

wanting to put 11.00R20's on an M-275 stude !

hurstssamx

Banned
In march i bought a 1953 Studebaker M-275 with the 331 REO gas engine need a good deal of work mostly body paint brakes but it's drivable. . .I'm going to use it for my ATV hualer so it don't need much pulling power so power ain't the issue.

Anywho I want to put a set of 11.00R20 G-177 Goodyear's or T-831 Firestones on it both are around $500 a tire, but its the only aggressive tires i can still find.

heres the catch I want them Dueled ! will all 10 of the 11.00's fit ?

Mike D

Alredneck

Banned
RE: wanting to put 11.00R20

Man for that price 10 tires 11 if you get a spare, will be $5500 SSSSSHHHHHH!!!!! THats ridiculous! What about the XLs you can get those for $85ea in GA 90-100%tread, maybe even new Then even after shipping you are still saving. Did you try a local or semi local wholesaler to see what they can do. There's lots of places around in between that sell tires, if you aint in a rush I wait and see who answers up on here. The guys I was refering to were Recoverd Materials, in Alma Ga. 912-632-4751, give them a call they ship over seas so im sure they can get to Curdland :D Also give Odiron a shout he can get tires but hes down in south florida, Or Offroadfabworks hes in AL, he can get them to or knows someone that can. Theres a place in Alanta or near there I cant remember the name. Memphis Equipment has a store in PA 717-263-4194 they would know some folks to if they dont have any in stock. So that should get you started and save ya some money hopefully :driver: :grd:

hurstssamx

Banned
Re: RE: wanting to put 11.00R20

Recovry4x4 said:
Yes! What ever happened to the 10 ton?
a project for another time sir. . .the $$ was climbing way to fast. . .

I'm told an OD trans will mate to the old V-300 and that the old V-8 cummins will have plenty of power to pull the OD. . .

Mike D

hurstssamx

Banned
Re: RE: wanting to put 11.00R20

Alredneck said:
Man for that price 10 tires 11 if you get a spare, will be $5500 SSSSSHHHHHH!!!!! THats ridiculous! What about the XLs you can get those for $85ea in GA 90-100%tread, maybe even new Then even after shipping you are still saving. Did you try a local or semi local wholesaler to see what they can do. There's lots of places around in between that sell tires, if you aint in a rush I wait and see who answers up on here. The guys I was refering to were Recoverd Materials, in Alma Ga. 912-632-4751, give them a call they ship over seas so im sure they can get to Curdland :D Also give Odiron a shout he can get tires but hes down in south florida, Or Offroadfabworks hes in AL, he can get them to or knows someone that can. Theres a place in Alanta or near there I cant remember the name. Memphis Equipment has a store in PA 717-263-4194 they would know some folks to if they dont have any in stock. So that should get you started and save ya some money hopefully :driver: :grd:
I liked the idea of new tires last time i bought a used set of tires off the net they were junk. . I can't really make up my mind on weather to go with the G-177 or the T-831 both can be had Used or New. both tires around inch of rubber new, I do like them XL's but every used set i've seen are about shot! 1/4" to 3/8" tread left. . .

I can get used G-177's like new 3/4" shipped for $150 a tire. . .The T-831's run $235 used and really wore down 1/2" tread. . .anybody got any photos of these 3 tires dueled I'd love to see them. . .

Goodyear G-177.
Firestone T-831.
michellin XL.

Mike D

hurstssamx

Banned
RE: Re: RE: wanting to put 11.00R20

P.S. them 14.00-24's for the 10 ton truck's are not obsolete. . .
a few of the local shops here stock them in a few tread designs biasply and Radial . . .
They got 16.00-24's even tho not in stock. . .

Mike D

54reo

hurstssamx said:
In march i bought a 1953 Studebaker M-275 with the 331 REO gas engine need a good deal of work mostly body paint brakes but it's drivable. . .I'm going to use it for my ATV hualer so it don't need much pulling power so power ain't the issue.
Where will the ATV go, on the truck (remove 5thwheel) or on a trailer?

Any pics of the truck, I would be interested in seeing such a rare truck in it's true gasser form. A nice score for sure.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Re: wanting to put 11.00R20

This is probably the truck still sitting at Otto Baileys spread in Tracy City TN. There aren't too many M275 gassers around and I know of only 3. My old one was a 52, there is one guy on here that has one (name escapes me at the second) and Otto's truck. If pics are posted, I'd bet they are at Ottos

Alredneck

Banned

Hey Kenny I think you are right someone cant remember who bought a truck with newer firestone tires and took them off and had them for sale on here.

hurstssamx

Banned

I got the truck off of Craigs list back in march for $1500 it drove the 50-60 miles home with out a notice jumped in it fired it up and drove. . . the Fifth wheel is missing tho i wll be looking to restore the Rig except for a tire upgrade keep in mind she was only $1500 and 55 years old it rough. . .
Now as for the ATV hauler I was going to get one of them 1-1/4 ton pintle hook trailers and put some 11.00R20 steer tires on it then paint it to match the trucks final color of Red. . .
I was told this Tractor in it's day Pull a till trailer. . .

See I told you I think them T-831 Firestones are going to be better for me than the G-177 Goodyears. . .
I've already had this trucks front bumper plowing snow she just kept walking. so aggressive Gripper's are a must. . .

M-275:
http://s305.photobucket.com/albums/nn232/HURSTSSAMX69/Miltiary trucks/

Mike D

FSBruva

Singling the rear will do wonders for your snow capabilities, no matter what tire you go with!

Matt

hurstssamx

Banned
Re: RE: Re: wanting to put 11.00R20

FSBruva said:
Singling the rear will do wonders for your snow capabilities, no matter what tire you go with!

Matt
It's a 1953 she'll never see the snow again it wouldn't have seen the snow this time but i had to drive it home. . .

Mike D

54reo

RE: Re: RE: Re: wanting to put 11.00R20

...or you could sell (or trade for a standard M35 or A2) it to a collector, and use it to pull around your ATV's...

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Re: RE: Re: wanting to put 11.00R20

I'm calling BS on this one right from the git go. Just look at his previous posts. Sorry Hurstssamx, you blew it the last time. fat lady sings

hurstssamx

Banned
Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: wanting to put 11.00R20

54reo said:
...or you could sell (or trade for a standard M35 or A2) it to a collector, and use it to pull around your ATV's...
I'll be using the Fine truck i have thanks if i wanted an M-35 or A2 i would have gotten 1 millions of them every where. . .

Mike D

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks