• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

War and Peace 2016

dmetalmiki

This year was the best ever show for our group. Fantastic convoy down to the site of the event, Setting off at 4-00A.M. in the morning, in the rain!, arrived at 7-30 A.M. breakfast then set up camp. From thence on the weather was absolutely fantastic, Hot and sunny every day. For me the whole joy of the event was the drivers days outings down to the local town in convoys to show off the vehicles to the waiting and (mostly!) welcoming public. Lining the roadsides with the children waving flags and waving to the passing trucks.
We stopped at the local beach for a photo shoot, a walk around, then the drive back through the town again to more cheers waves, (and (sirens horns and other things sounding off)) to the enthusiastic and appreciative crowds.
I had the (immense) pleasure of five drive outs, on different days, in my, Fire truck, twice. The M62 Wrecker. The jeep. And the (oh so fantastic!) 'Tank thing' (432 APC!). Now That (seriously) was..an absolute blast.
We will post up more pictures and video as they are processed.
We had minor problems with the jeep brakes. (Ben, benny m45 worked with me to fix those, and the exhaust after he experienced some (extreme!) off roading. He will post up on that and his war and peace experience. (As will Brad. "tinygpw" also). Various pictures below, from first day, (and we were literally first on site) through the two weeks we spent there.

Attachments

dmetalmiki

The 'Katt' also enjoyed (it's) (yet another) war and peace show!
Our two young helpers (off the year) also thoroughly enjoyed the whole experience, and duly completed written and practical assignments. Including attending the minutes silence at the commemoration ceremony.
They will complete their final assignments by posting up on Steel Soldiers.

Attachments

Last edited:

dmetalmiki

Would love to make the War & Peace event once in my life. Great pictures.[thumbzup]
Actually I believe the lads have some pictures of an U.S. action group display, Huge M9 whatsit's and load of Pristine all correct in every detail humvees, and a gate guard and correct dress etc. We were impressed. And (then) I realized I was chatting with an current serving officer all the way from New York!..as he pointed out, "I am here to make sure they ARE presenting properly"!. (And the certainly were). You should come to that show at least once.

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Actually I believe the lads have some pictures of an U.S. action group display, Huge M9 whatsit's and load of Pristine all correct in every detail humvees, and a gate guard and correct dress etc. We were impressed. And (then) I realized I was chatting with an current serving officer all the way from New York!..as he pointed out, "I am here to make sure they ARE presenting properly"!. (And the certainly were). You should come to that show at least once.
dmetalmiki, my wife and I are considering attending War & Peace in 2018. In the future may I pm you concerning things we may need to know and bring, where to stay, eat etc.etc.. :beer:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks