• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Warbirds On Parade - Sept 1st in Lancaster. Tx

Needle

Wallew,

I will probably be going. I have been every year for the last 5 or 6 years. I am a member of the DFW CAF wing that is putting on the event.

I don't know if I will be taking a vehicle, or flying down with something from the Cavanaugh Flight Museum. Last year I went down in the P-51 Mustang, and in previous years I have been in the Skyraider, Grumman Mohawk or P-51. It just depends on what aircraft is available.

If there isn't a suitable aircraft, I will probably drive down in the deuce, the duck or one of the jeeps.

Blueduce

Wallew,

I will probably be going. I have been every year for the last 5 or 6 years. I am a member of the DFW CAF wing that is putting on the event.

I don't know if I will be taking a vehicle, or flying down with something from the Cavanaugh Flight Museum. Last year I went down in the P-51 Mustang, and in previous years I have been in the Skyraider, Grumman Mohawk or P-51. It just depends on what aircraft is available.

If there isn't a suitable aircraft, I will probably drive down in the deuce, the duck or one of the jeeps.

It's good to hear from you again and I'm glad to see that you'll be there on Saturday. We haven't talked since the Mesquite air show a few months ago. Wallew, myself, Hawkeye, and Mike will be displaying at the show representing MVCC of Keller, TX
If I got to choose your mode of transportation to the show. I would pick the DUKW. I've only seen picks of one so far.

Glenn.

Needle

If I got to choose your mode of transportation to the show. I would pick the DUKW. I've only seen picks of one so far.

Glenn.
Glenn,

Since I wrote that note, someone borrowed the DUKW for a 4th July parade. We all thought it was an official parade, but it appears it was more of a party, and we are not sure if he then lent it to someone else or just managed to trash everything by bad driving. :x

The clutch is now toast, the transmission is making gastly noises, and one tires has been cut on the sidewall and has a slow leak. One of the side windows is now cracked and it was run out of fuel, filling the fuel system with all the crap that was in the bottom of the tank. It's all going to take a while before its back on the road.

It's too far to drive the Sherman or the T34, and everything else is in various states of repair/overhaul.

I may come down in the deuce (if its not being used for something else), I may come down in an aircraft (don't know if anything is going) or I may drive down in "civvy" vehicle.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks