• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Warn 11690 locking hubs

rsl0311usmc

I have been doing a ton of work to my truck here lately and I am seriously considering purchasing these hubs if they fit? I am almost positive they do and my only question is on one site it says I need to purchase corresponding spindle nut conversion kit? We'll I know we have a spindle nut kit on these trucks oem so do I need to purchase anything extra or do they swap right out?

WWRD99

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have been doing a ton of work to my truck here lately and I am seriously considering purchasing these hubs if they fit? I am almost positive they do and my only question is on one site it says I need to purchase corresponding spindle nut conversion kit? We'll I know we have a spindle nut kit on these trucks oem so do I need to purchase anything extra or do they swap right out?
I don't think you need anything but that kit for a Dana 60. Says 30 spline which I don't know if that's what is in there. You can pop one off and count just to make sure. I'd call and find out if you do need anything other than that kit. Just a touch curious why you want new ones.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

rsl0311usmc

I don't think you need anything but that kit for a Dana 60. Says 30 spline which I don't know if that's what is in there. You can pop one off and count just to make sure. I'd call and find out if you do need anything other than that kit. Just a touch curious why you want new ones.

One of the caps is busted and I was lucky to get 4 of the bolts out of the hub cap and they are toast. I don't see a service kit that's oem for these trucks because I think locking hubs like I have were only on the military version. I am pretty sure our dana 60 is 30 spline. Also warn carries a lifetime warranty. I swear the spindle kit is what's on there already?

WWRD99

Steel Soldiers Supporter
One of the caps is busted and I was lucky to get 4 of the bolts out of the hub cap and they are toast. I don't see a service kit that's oem for these trucks because I think locking hubs like I have were only on the military version. I am pretty sure our dana 60 is 30 spline. Also warn carries a lifetime warranty. I swear the spindle kit is what's on there already?
Yes they have 2 interlocking nuts that hold the bearings in. It's good you got the hubs off! There are 35 spline axles out there. Getting the warn ones are very nice, I've got a few sets . Wonder if @cucvrus has any parts of the stock ones laying around you could fix the one you have and not spend 400 on a new set?

rsl0311usmc

Yes they have 2 interlocking nuts that hold the bearings in. It's good you got the hubs off! There are 35 spline axles out there. Getting the warn ones are very nice, I've got a few sets . Wonder if @cucvrus has any parts of the stock ones laying around you could fix the one you have and not spend 400 on a new set?

Yeah they seem nice I was looking at them this evening in person at oriellys who actually had a set in stock. I really like the turn to lock because it's got great spring pressure compared to mine right now which may also be because mine (oem) are worn out and they seem to really engage nice. I have been doing all new bearings, races, spindle bearings, axles shaft ujoints, pads, and now probably warn hubs at this point lol. With a military discount they are a tad over 300 with a lifetime warranty from oriellys and warn. Doing some more research it seems the spindle kit was only needed if you originally had auto hubs which of course we have manual so literally they should go right on from everything I am seeing

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks