• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Warn Winch problem

BrianEl

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have an electric Warn winch on my 1038. It will retract the cable until tension occurs (as in it should start pulling the Humvee) then "skips", meaning it won't pull anymore just clicks. Busted gear inside? Been told just hit with a hammer and it will engage, didn't work. Also it will freely let the cable out when unlocked, but the electric out switch doesn't work either. Ideas? Rebuild kit? Bigger hammer? Thanks

Rmtaunton

Yes you do ... first warns are famous for corrosion on the female plug , first clean both plugs that's 9 out of 10 times the problem with in and out and it sounds like it is not engageing all the way , first make sure that it is , if not I would pull the gear assembly off and check there is nothing to it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dock Rocker

I know I am late on the draw here but it may help if you haven't thrown the winch in the lake.

Warn has great drawings of their equipment and there are 10 billion threads around the web about how to rebuild the winches. My guess is you have one or multiple solenoids that have crapped out. They are really easy to test. If I can help I have done a few winch rebuilds so let me know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks