• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Warning 17.5 inch wheels are not a perfect fit on the M105a2 trailers

wsmith350

So I bought two 17.5 inch bud wheels for my M105a2 trailer. The are not a perfect fit. Upon cleaning and installing them, I found a gap between the trailer hub and the wheel. It's not much, (.007) but anything is too much under a load. I am going to correct this by making a spacer out out 1/4 inch aluminum plate. The issue is that the inner diameter of the rim hits the drum. If you don't use a feeler gauge you wouldn't see it. Just figured I'd pass on my findings. I also found a big truck yard in Maryland that has plenty of good 17.5's and 19.5 inch wheels and other needed parts. R L Jackson is the name. 1 (410) 336-3379 is the phone number. Good people to deal with.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks