• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Warpy Washers for Parking Brake?

gwitthans1

Redoing my parking brake system on the M38A1 and while looking at new brake linings noticed that AJP is selling the "Always Missing Warpy Washers" that apparently hold the brake shoes in place.

Link https://www.armyjeepparts.net/p-3515-parking-brake-shoe-warpy-washer-set.aspx

I can't seem to find these washers on any parts book for the M38A1 but never the less I was about to order them $9 until I noticed the shipping for 3 washers was $15 so I have decided to ask if anyone else has seem these evasive washers and are they really needed?

Gary

Last edited:

Bill W

Might be able to find them on the net, try doing a search for Spring washers, Wavy or Wave washers ( heck check CJ-5 parts ).These wave washer provides slight back pressure usually just to keep things from rattling ( I have one on my Deuce hood support rod )

gwitthans1

Thanks Guys, there is a nut and bolt place few miles from here and I think I will see what he has. I had just never seen them in the parts or repair manuals and if they will take up some of the "Rattling" it's worth trying.

Gary

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks