• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Warthog saved the day!

merlot566jka

A huge thanks to Warthog (Joe) for the water pump!

As some of you may know, I've had a real btch of a time with leaking coolant. I replaced the lower radiator hose, and checked virtually every hose, fitting and anything that carried coolant. I initially thought it was the water pump leaking, but dismissed that idea since I have never heard of a deuces water pump going bad and I couldn't see coolant coming out of the weep hole. I began to think I had a cracked water pump housing.

I pulled the radiator, pulled off the water pump, checked it, smashed the impeller onto the seal, rtv'd it back up and started it up. Still leaking.
Drove to my brothers, ready for a convoy with just a little leak. The next morning I started the truck, and I got about 10 feet before it started raining beneath my truck.

To the rescue come warthog... Telling me he had a scrap ldt that I could rob parts from. I took his offer and an hour or so later I was at his green iron graveyard robbing from this double dead deuce. I got the water pump and hauled butt back home. Got my deuce all put together, fired it up.....

YAY no leak! **** yes!

Drove 30 miles, lower radiator hose came loose. Retightened it. Good to go.

Now I have my daily driver back on the road without fear of killing cats for miles.

Thanks again Warthog. Your generosity is much appreciated!

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I heard Congress may propose to designate Feb 30, a National Holiday, in honor of Warthog.

Warthog Day.

Last edited:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah, and swbradley1, does not think I have a scents of humor.

Yeah, Scents! Spelled wrong just for you Steve.

combat32

I don't think you can be president unless you eat with a fork and spoon!:beer: But I would vote for Joe anyway, he is one of the good guys even though he bullies everyone one here relentlessly!

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I don't think you can be president unless you eat with a fork and spoon!:beer: But I would vote for Joe anyway, he is one of the good guys even though he bullies everyone one here relentlessly!
That's funny!!
I was gonna comment on the "bully factor" but I like yours better.:beer:
Maybe if Joe did become president he could bully some folks overseas and even here in the USA into getting back on track and being self sustaining instead of whining and expecting a handout!

Here's an idea...SS has 30K plus members...let's all do the "write in candidate" thingy on election day!!

Just write "WARTHOG" on the ballot!

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks