• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Was broke down just north of Knoxville TN. m923a2 need air pump !!

auctionaddict

Het guys, I just sold my cherry 923a2 to a super cool guy from New York. He made it just north of Knoxville and lost air pressure. He has a mechanic with him and they need an air pump. Lost pressure and hardly any output directly from pump.
He is on HWY 40 at midway road exit. Between 75 and 81 hwy.

Anyone close that can help ???

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm nowhere near them so I'm of no immediate assistance.

Is the mechanic familiar with air brake systems? The reason I ask this is because it's unusual for a compressor to just quit pumping short of a catastrophic failure. Sounds like the valve in the top may be stuck. They may try to take the top off (not the head) and see if it just needs cleaning.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's covered in the TM.

Attachments

mahdey

The air compressor on these is an off the shelf unit that any good truck supply shop will most likely have in stock. I believe NAPA sells them for around $400. If he does not have any air coming out of the outlet of the compressor then that is a guaranteed sign of a failure. If he has the ability to drain the coolant and pull the head off the compressor, he may be able to see if it is just damage to the head and get a new head for it.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just because you don't know what your doing is no reason to act impulsively or take random actions.

Why not troubleshoot as outlined in the TM?

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Has the air dryer been serviced in the last 6 months?

twinturb089

take off the 4 bolts on the head of the air pump and make a gasket out of gasket material.I can almost gaurentee that is your problem......I have had it happen more than once.Those air compressors dont go bad.It is almost always the top or bottom gasket has failed.part number on gasket is cummins 4920062 for the top gasket, lower gasket is cummins 154018