• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

$%#, Was gonna drive my truck for Independence Day...

BEASTMASTER

thats why i carry a few different size plugs. if i pop a brake line, or a wheel cyl. i just unscrew it from the junction block and put in a plug, and do what i want and fix it right later.

emr

more times than not it is a brake cylinder, they do leak in these trucks way more than seals, way more, they can also be weeping and not noticed and cause low peddle, and possibly loss of brakes, any one who buys one of these trucks and does not pull the wheels is asking for trouble, many times i have found that the leak did not just start at the sight of it, it was there way before, and U were driving it just fine, so the answer is very very good thing U have the good sense to look for leaks in your truck, and are aware enough to realize it was a problem, but it could have been fixed before it got that bad, not always of course , but most of the time....:-D

BEASTMASTER

geese i don't. when i had a bad line i'd cut the end off and take it to the parts shop and get a new line and a couple plugs the same size. with the 5 ton ,i think there's three diff sizes.

tm america

didnt look like brake fluid :roll:thats alot of fluid for it to be brake fluid .like the plug idea could come in handy when on those long trips .well i guess you get to fix it all when you're in there.just another joy of owning a deuce

frodobaggins

didnt look like brake fluid :roll:thats alot of fluid for it to be brake fluid .like the plug idea could come in handy when on those long trips .well i guess you get to fix it all when you're in there.just another joy of owning a deuce
Well still not really sure. Will find out one day this week when I can tear it down.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks