• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Was Stranded at gas station in Newton Grove, NC.

snowtrac nome

it should be quite weldable the problem is weather magnesium or an aluminum alloy its cast and will absorb engine oil which will interfere with the gas cloud around the weld puddle. these materials must be clean and oxidant free I have used acid to etch parts like this before welding in the past I really hate welding any aluminum that has come off a running engine as contaminants are almost impossible to clean out.

Smike740

Steel Soldiers Supporter
it should be quite weldable the problem is weather magnesium or an aluminum alloy its cast and will absorb engine oil which will interfere with the gas cloud around the weld puddle. these materials must be clean and oxidant free I have used acid to etch parts like this before welding in the past I really hate welding any aluminum that has come off a running engine as contaminants are almost impossible to clean out.
I am not sure of the exact material, probably cast aluminum. I picked up a good used one locally for $200. Considering how much work there is in removing the part and my confidence in a welded repair on an part of unknown cast material I opted for this route. Also my crack could not be fully repaired without removing the part.

DanM7890

I am back after a couple months "off" with vacations and traveling. I needed to take a breather from it all after this crazy trip. As of right now the truck is in the backyard with the driveshafts off once again. Kfrosty came with his 5 ton and pulled my truck home from Greensboro, many thanks to him and Parker. I have not touched the truck yet because it's been rainey and cold.

On a side note, Colorado was AMAZING! Stayed in Fraser with my buddies aunt. Boarded Steamboat, Winterpark, Loveland, and Vale and also got to go snowmobiling.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks