• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Washer Contacts

germanrifle

Hey folks, do I need to disconnect the batteries before installing new washer contacts in the windshield frame & body? Any tips or pointers on installing them either way?

DainGerous

Always disconnect batteries before touching anything electrical. Install a battery cut off switch so you don't have to continually disconnect batteries. Make sure the wires line up in order on BOTH contacts. I do all vehicles the same so I never mismatch. From left to right 57F-71c-27k.

DainGerous

I use an Amazon.com one. Also buy an extra for extra keys. Used a 00 set of cables off of a new slave plug to run the cables through. Some people use smaller gauge wire, but with the amps running through the beast.. I wouldn't. Mounted on front of passenger seat box or behind. Amazon search term below:[h=1]BATTERY CUTOFF SWITCH CAR RV BOAT RACECAR ATV CUT OFF ![/h]