• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Washington Arms Collectors vehicle display Oct 12 Saturday only.

JH1

Here we go again for another great venue! Mark your calendars for the Washington Arms Collectors (WAC) gun show on Saturday, October 12. You can also display on Sunday if you want to. Saturday is the only official day. I am a WAC member and am the point man for this display. It is being put on by WAC, and vehicle owners from all clubs, groups, or individuals are welcome to bring your military vehicle to display. By bringing a vehicle, you get in for free, too. There are a few rules of the road that will need to be heeded. No live firearms unless they are unloaded before arrival and zip tied by you or WAC security people. No selling or trading of firearms unless you are also a WAC member. This is WAC policy, and not a law. Since WAC is a private club, WAC has the legal right to regulate activities at their private events. This is serious, folks. No exceptions. We run a tight ship on safety regulations and violators will be shown out and banned from returning for years. PM me if you think you have an angle on it.

We encourage displays to have guns, reproductions, deactivated guns, or whatever you wish, but it has to be legal, and fall within the WAC rules of the road. The full rules are listed at www.washingtonarmscollectors.org.

In the past, we have been able to offer monetary assistance for fuel to get the vehicles to and from the event. I expect that to be the case this year, too. No promises, but it's highly likely that there will be sufficient money to cover your fuel bill. I will announce that as soon as it is in place.

Parking: There might be some space for tow vehicles and trailers on the Fairgrounds, but no promises. Usually there are. Updates as I get them.

Timing: Usually, no matter how much announcing we make, people wander in at any hour. I'm one of the biggest offenders. This year, we should tighten that up because we are getting paid for having vehicles there, and as such, we should be in place early. Show opens at 0800. I think we can park vehicles there the night before and I will confirm that. Please plan on arriving by 0800 but don't slide past 0900 unless you had a breakdown or something like that. It's not fair to WAC to accept money without being on time.

More details as they develop.
Thanks,
Jim H.

JH1

Just got confirmation that there are some funds for fuel reimbursements. I'll pass out some forms for vehicle owners to fill out. Simple stuff. Name, address, vehicle. I'll mail checks out a couple of weeks after the show. It will cover (hopefully at 100%) the fuel cost to get the vehicle to the show and back. I'm looking forward to it. It's always lots of fun, and the October WAC gun show is always the biggest one of the year.

JH1

I just got confirmation that we will have plenty of visitor's passes at the gate (Orange Vendor's gate out back, on the west side of the Fairgrounds). Those bringing in display vehicles can get into the display area and the whole gun show for free. This October gun show is huge. Lots of surplus stuff inside for sale. Feel free to roam around. Remember to see me sometime during the display to get your info cards filled out so I can mail you a check for your fuel cost. WAC respectfully asks that we all be parked, in position by the time the general attendance doors open at 0800. Since WAC is footing the fuel bill, we do need to be there by 0800. Gate opens at 0630 if you want to come early. Bring a sign-board if you have one, briefly describing what your vehicle is, when it was in service, and/or any interesting details. See you there!
Jim

JH1

Great! There is no set time to depart, but we usually stay until 2 or 3, depending on the crowd. Most people attending the gun show bail out about then or before. We do want to be there at 0800 or before, since WAC is kindly footing the bill for our fuel. They ask us to be there at 0800 partly for safety (moving and parking monster rigs like expando-trailers, etc.) and so WAC gets the full bang for their fuel buck.
I'll be there with my cute little XM501 Hawk missile transporter. Look me up.
Jim

JH1

Weather report for the show: According to the microclimatology predictions from the University of Washington Atmospheric Sciences, there will be some rain from late Friday into early Sat, ending about 0800, right when we start the display. After that, there is no precipitation for at least a day. So figure on a nice day, but with a damp start.
Jim

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks