• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Washington State Deuce

Hey there Guys, I'm new to this and am planning on picking up my first M35A2 this weekend.
I am eventually planning on some 14.00R20's and cant seem to find anyone local that has tires or wheels.. I have found good deals on tires for 150ea or less but i'm not paying the same price as the tire for shipping.
Any ideas on parts in Wa state? I'm in the Snohomish/Monroe area and looking for like minded individuals to learn from.
I own a Auto restoration shop and specialize in Mustangs so this will be a little different for me.
Thanks in advance for any tips.

-Zac

Stalwart

Welcome Zac, I was into Mustangs most of my 50 years, now I have the green disease and all but one Mustang is gone . . . not a classic though, '09 GT500KR. I'm getting soft in my old age. Besides, when you own armor like we do, a little modern comfort is a welcome change. :beer:

This area is a busy one for the green stuff!

dodgedougak

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to the asylum!
The tires will be the easy part. If you are using 14's 14.5's or other wide tires you will need wheels that are wider than stock. Then you have to choose one piece or two piece and new custom wheels or 5 ton wheels (or Hemett wheels) that will have to have a new center piece for the duece lug nuts pattern. Read the wheel threads and check out what is offered by Boyce Equipment, Idaho motor pool, Hundredollar man and other suppliers. Then you pay your money and take your chances! If you buy second hand tires check for tread depth but also for date code (age), dryrot, checking, etc. Best thing is come to some gatherings, look for someone who has the kind of thing you want and then ask questions! Try Chehalis or the Arlington Air show.

AN/ARC186

Yep, too late, he's a goner fer sure......

Welcome, as you can see there are quite a few of us O.D. (in this case stands for Overly Damp)
headcases running around the area.

Thanks for the warm welcome! I picked her up on Saturday and drove from Yakima back to Snohomish.. Wow.. Loud (no one warned me to bring ear plugs ), Cold, and she shakes pretty good over 50 (pretty normal from what I hear). I thought it did pretty well. Maintained 40-50 on the way up the pass and 50-58 on the way down. I'm having an issue with the signals, The green light comes on when in either turn posision but markers don't get bright or flash. Seems like maybe a flasher but thought id ask first..

I also got a M105 trailer with the purchase :) all in all i'm happy so far considering what i've seen these trailers sell for.

Will be heading up to our anual Men's camping trip on the 17th to show off to my buddies. I'm sure there will be some jealous boys.

JH1

Ten Roger, good buddy, and welcome to the group. We're almost neighbors. I'm a Duvalian, myself. Hey, bring it over to the Duvall Safeway this Saturday for the big car show! I'll have a couple of rigs there and I know some other green rigs are coming out for it. 240 classic cars at last year's event. They loved the OD. See the poster at Big Rock Classic Car Show - at The Big Rock in Duvall and the attached pictures. Bring the Mustang, too!
Jim

Attachments

Last edited:

JH1

Forgot to mention that there is a big big parade on July 4th in downtown Bothell. It's about a mile long route. Bazillions of spectators, too. Ten deep, most of the way. I think Michael Weireman is in charge of the mil part of it. I can get you his contact info if you want.
Jim

Amer-team

Sounds like you may have options closer to home, but will be doing a display in Centralia, at Borst Park, just off exit 82 on I-5, then barbecue and parade in the afternoon. if you are interested you would be welcome to tag along.
Welcome to the crew.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks