• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Water and oil cooler on 2 single conversion

TM1008

Hello everybody.

Shortly to me:
My name is Thorsten, am fresh 40 years old and live almost in the middle (by Kassel) Germany.
For about 3 weeks owned a M1008 in sand color.

Now the first problems and errors have already occurred.
Water in the footwell of the passenger, but I found ... it was the seal of the ventilation flap.
The radiator loses water, it is also visible where it loses.

I will have it removed and repaired, soldered.

Since now a new cooler with us is very expensive (500 - 600 euros), I have already thought 2 individual radiators to mount.

Perhaps someone has already made the conversion?
If so, what coolers are recommended?
Size, heat output, etc.?

Sorry for the bad english, I just use goggle to translate .... "rolleyes"

Already times thank you for tips and hints or even ideas

Jericho

Don't worry about your translation and welcome, Bitte. Used to live about 20 miles from you , great bunch of herren here , ask away!

MAZ537

Welcome !

We need to see some pics from your 08 first :mrgreen:
Do you know Peterslahr 57632 ??? The biggest US Army surplus yard in Europe is located there!!!

G.

Freeland

Welcome to the forum. Did your truck come without a radiator. Are you trying to install 2 different radiators; 1 for the engine coolant, and the other for automatic transmission fluid? Or are you planning on installing a completely separate radiator/cooler for engine oil?

TM1008

Good Morning.

I will upload pictures on occasion.

No, it's already installed a water cooler ... :) ... the originals
But that is broken, loses cooling water.

The idea was to separate the coolers from each other, to install only cooler.
Perhaps this would have been more favorable.

I saw yesterday during the removal, the engine oil and gear oil run through the radiator.
Thought, only transmission oil runs through.
So it would have to be installed 3 single coolers.

Well ... I expanded it yesterday and brought this morning to a radiator company.
Repair is not worth it, now it is used a completely new net, is tested for leaks and re-varnished.
Now costs more than a new, matching cooler, but it is not a plastic / aluminum trash as it is the modern coolers.

Peter, I know, I was already.
Basically, this is the biggest scrap yard for Army things.
Ordinary work do not make the guys synonymous there ... German says "Pfusch"

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks