• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Water Buffalo and or Gravity feed issue

yousave1

Previosly I had my waste mineral oil in an IBC tote in the back of the duce; it gravity fed a few feet into the centrifudge. In this configuration I had to put a gate valve in to limit the flow to the fudge. It worked great but I had no way to remove the tote so the duce was useless. I bought a water buffalo trailer and dumped the oil from the tote into the trailer ( 200 gallons or so ). The trailer oil level is higher then the fudge but the flow is worthless.

Questions are did the water buffalo come with a filter - screen thats causing the crap flow? Does a gravity feed system need to be several feet above to create enough pressure to flow 5-10 GPH through the fudge? Has anyone used a fuel pump to boost the flow?

Thanks for all your help
Josh

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
The higher above the fudge it is the more pressure you'll have.

You may have to pressurize the buff (only a couple of PSI) to get a decent flow.

You could do that by installing a valve stem in the hatch and pressurize with a compressor or the air from the duece. I'd put a guage like they have on portable air tanks to make sure you don't overpressurize the tank.

To the best of my recollection there was no filter screen on a buff. It was assumed that the water put in the buff would be clean and free of crud.