• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Water buffalo Lid Breather

flyfishtrailer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi all...looking for some help locating the breather or vacuum breaker that screws into the lid of the M149. I run the NSN and part number from the TM ( 8741778 and 4730-00-168-2073) and find nothing that helps me identify it so that I can find an alternative. I also did several searches using a combination of water buffalo, M149, breather valve, etc. with no results. What am I missing? Any help with a link or common name to help my search would be appreciated.

Guyfang

Staff member
This is what I came up with. Are you sure you got the NSN right?
ADAPTER,STRAIGHT,PIPE TO BOSS

THREAD CLASS2 2ND END
CONNECTION STYLEEXTERNAL SEAT FOR GASKET SEAL (BOSS) 2ND END
CONNECTION STYLEPLAIN (PIPE) 1ST END
CONNECTION TYPETHREADED INTERNAL PIPE 1ST END AND THREADED EXTERNAL BOSS 1ST END
NOMINAL THREAD SIZE0 3/8 INCHES 1ST END
NOMINAL THREAD SIZE1 INCHES 2ND END
NOMINAL OVERALL LENGTH2 3/8 INCHES
MATERIALCOPPER ALLOY OVERALL
MATERIAL DOCUMENT AND CLASSIFICATIONQQ-B-626. COMP. 22 TEMPER 1/2 HARD FED SPEC SINGLE MATERIAL RESPONSE OVERALL
THREAD SERIES DESIGNATORNPT 1ST END
THREAD SERIES DESIGNATORUNF 2ND END

flyfishtrailer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is what I came up with. Are you sure you got the NSN right?
ADAPTER,STRAIGHT,PIPE TO BOSS

THREAD CLASS2 2ND END
CONNECTION STYLEEXTERNAL SEAT FOR GASKET SEAL (BOSS) 2ND END
CONNECTION STYLEPLAIN (PIPE) 1ST END
CONNECTION TYPETHREADED INTERNAL PIPE 1ST END AND THREADED EXTERNAL BOSS 1ST END
NOMINAL THREAD SIZE0 3/8 INCHES 1ST END
NOMINAL THREAD SIZE1 INCHES 2ND END
NOMINAL OVERALL LENGTH2 3/8 INCHES
MATERIALCOPPER ALLOY OVERALL
MATERIAL DOCUMENT AND CLASSIFICATIONQQ-B-626. COMP. 22 TEMPER 1/2 HARD FED SPEC SINGLE MATERIAL RESPONSE OVERALL
THREAD SERIES DESIGNATORNPT 1ST END
THREAD SERIES DESIGNATORUNF 2ND END
Guyfang.....with your help I was able to narrow it down and came up with this. Adding the link for the next guy (pun intended).

Breather Vent, Nickel-Plated Steel, 3/8 NPT Male | McMaster-Carr

Torisco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I used this vacuumn relief fixture on my M1112 water buffalo and it works great.

24 March 2023 purchased American Made 3/8” Breather vent vacuum =$10.54
relief pressure equalization filter E-Bay Sellerocity

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks