• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

water buffalo

roughroad

Small trailer???? It is 3,000lbs empty and over 6,000lbs loaded. Not to mench water can be a bitch to haul in a unbaffeled tank.

anything under 10000 is small
anything from 10-20000 is medium (brakes required)
anything more than 20000 i try not to admit to but that is getting where i watch it when i pull it with the pickup (brakes required)

and i agree liquid can be a bit un rully but again this is only 400 gal and my other tanks are closer to 1000 gal mounted on a m211 and only has one baffle.

it still baffles me why they didn't put more in when they built it. but oh well i am going to build my own tank when that one rusts the rest of the way out.

papercu

roughroad You have the M149A2 it only came in stainless steel, your tank has about a 3 to 4 inch fiberglass mat surounding it. Some M149A2 didn't have the extra insulation so those look rounder. Wayne

Last edited:

aboonski

Thanks Papercu! I have never seen a tank like the one that I have on this trailer, which is by the way an M149A2 trailer (according to the data plate). I can't figure out the outlet being aluminum and also not having a threaded area to screw the manifold valve into. It came with a large coupling that is made from, what appears to be a truck radiator hose or a plumbing hose that was specifically made for the tank. When I dismantled the hardware from the outlet the pipes were cast iron and appeared to me "makeshift". I plan to use this tank for either a pressure washer supply tank or for fire suppression with the use of a gas-driven pump. I may pull the manhole cover off today and see if there are any signs of a manufacturer on any of the parts.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Aboonski, That tank is nothing like I've seen. I've got a M149A2 and the tank is nothing like yours. If the outlet is aluminum I'd suspect the rest of the tank is also. There's no way to weld aluminum to stainless.

roughroad

ok thought i'd update any one who cared

i picked it up and it is fiber glass but didn't leak so i patched the places where the outer layer was cracked.

than i cut the penil hook off and put a 2-15/16 cupler on it and a 2" pump empties in just under 4 min with no nozel.

and to top it all of it pulls like a dream up to 80 mph full or empty

thanks for your help