• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Water in fuel and low coolant sensors

TRH

Low coolant, IIRC, is a float in a perforated can. Up (full/good) keeps it closed, hence jumping one is to connect the two contacts.
WIF sensors use a pair of contacts in the base of it. Water is conductive. Pretty simple. Sometimes cleaning them will sort 'em, they get a lot of crud build up.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The 289-20 is the holy grail of maintenance on your truck. It explains everything and would have helped a bunch with the other wiring issues. Couldn't imagine trying to maintain one of these trucks without this TM.

I had 10 and 30, but had lost 20. I also have copies of the wiring diagrams but did not see the stuff I needed. Just finally got to a point where I can address this next issue, after I button up the daughters Cherokee.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks