• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Water Jacket Cover Discontinued

pinbill

Hello Everyone-

I have been searching for a threaded water jacket cover (GM P/N 14028949) to mount a temp gauge sender. I called the Chevy dealer today and the part has been discontinued. I have not had any luck calling junk yards in the Denver Metro area. Does anyone have any leads on one?

Thanks,

Bill

swyne

Yeah myself as well. I would like to order those parts and the dealer said sorry.
Didn't see it in the LMC perhaps I missed it. Any other sources out there? (don't forget the gasket number!

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
if you could find the part , making a gasket for it is no big deal

ralbelt

The gasket is available at NAPA, I just picked up three, and if you can't find a cover You could use the gasket as a template and have one made .

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anyone know if those same covers are found on gas engines such as the 350? If so, you may be able to pull one from a junk vehicle at a salvage yard.

Last edited:

pinbill

Thanks for all your help,

Tried LMC, no luck, so I think I will drill and use the existing plate. The gasket number is 10137488. Will try Napa when they open. If all else fails I have some leftover rubber and cork gasket sheets laying around and some blue sealer. If I make it myself would I use cork or rubber?

Bill

EO2NMCB

Gm parts direct shows the part number in stock.

GM PART # 14028949
CATEGORY: Thermostat & Gaskets
PACK QTY: 1
CORE CHARGE: $0.00
GM LIST: $19.14
OUR PRICE: $11.74

pinbill

Thanks for the info. Went to parts direct for the gasket and the plate and they wanted $27 for shipping and $13 for the parts:roll:. I emailed their customer service to see about adjusting the shipping. If not, $40 buys a nice tap and die set I guess. Now all I have to do is research the oil pressure tee location and 12v source.

chief1983

Sorry to necro this thread, but it's the only one that mentions GMPD being out of the jacket. I just ordered it for $25.17 shipped last week, and I just got my UPS shipping confirmation this morning. So I guess they found some.

Part: 14028949*
Category: Thermostat & Gaskets
Description: COVER
Min.Qty: 1
Unit Price: $12.22
Quantity: 1
Ext.Price: $12.22
Core Charge: $0.00
==================================================================

SUB TOTAL: $12.22
SHIPPING: $12.95
TAX: $0.00
TOTAL WITH TAXES: $ 25.17 * indicates special order item, which is a special order non-returnable part.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks