• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Water Outlet, Engine question

hanley

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can a Water Outlet, Engine PN 12554091 (6.5L) be used on a 6.2L motor in lieu of PN 14028917?

The reason I am asking is because upon replacing my thermostat in my M1009...that pesky bottom bolt stuck and broke bottom of housing and I may have access to a Water Outlet from a 6.5L motor.

Thanks,

Hanley

phil2968

I had the same problem except it was my top bolt. I found a crossover on eBay for the 6.2. The 6.5 crossover has the thermostat facing up. At least the one I was given does. It would bolt to the engine but the radiator hose would not have fit. There are guys on here that have the crossovers, try Hillbilly Wizard. I think Lavaroc might have one too.

K9Vic

I had the same problem except it was my top bolt. I found a crossover on eBay for the 6.2.
Same issue and resolution.

Before I change these out now I will spay the bottom both with JB80 a few times over a 24hr period. After that I will heat the bolt up before I try to remove it and has worked out well a few times now.

Skinny

If no heat is available, spray down and smack head of bolt with a punch. Sometimes that breaks the corrosion free.

K9Vic...how's the Suburban treating you? I'm still searching for one in decent shape to build a clone. Waiting to take delivery :)

Last edited:

K9Vic

Suburban is doing well and has been my daily driver for the last two weeks as my car is down due to interior updates and stupid UPS delays for the parts. Hope you will be able to find one as they are great trucks with the fun part of building them into a CUCV clone.

Nathanater

My m1009 has the same issue. The bottom bolt broke the housing. I used an orileys seal and it still leaks. I am thinking about trying to use rtv silicone to make a better seal. In the meantime I've just kept water in it so I can keep it full on the trails or putting around town. The floors leak exhaust pretty bad and dust.

cucvrus

Are you looking for the front aluminum water crossover manifold? I have them for the CUCV or the HMMWV. Which one do you need? I will help you out if I can. The HMMWV one will give you a few extra ports that you can tap into for a fan switch or a temperature gauge. Let me know I sent you a PM.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks