• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Water pump issue need help sourcing

rookie

My water pump is about to bite the bullet its whining so I know it's a matter of time before it does. Who out there knows where can I get one from does Napa carry these are they the same as the h1. I have a 1994 998a1 with a 6.5 diesel naturally aspirated. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That one at eriks is for a late 6.5 with serpentine belt.
Eriks also lists a 5740079 which is for a V belt motor.
Also search 5740079 on web.
Pump used on civi H1's 92 to early 94 with 6.2

rookie

Ok so it is a standard water pump for an h1 nothing special about it . I have the 4 groove pulley on mine 3 for the generator and one for the power steering.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Be aware that the pumps for the v-belt and serpentine engines are different. The pumps spin in opposite directions. They look the same but are not interchangeable.

rookie

Week I got the pump at the auto parts store 50.00 lifetime warranty not bad I guess. Myvaden is there a way from not having to take out the timing cover are they bolted together from the inside out.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Week I got the pump at the auto parts store 50.00 lifetime warranty not bad I guess. Myvaden is there a way from not having to take out the timing cover are they bolted together from the inside out.
ive done more water pumps then I can count....remove the radiator stack to save your self time and skin.
yes, the water pump is attached to a backing plate, make sure you buy the gasket kit that has a backing plate gasket, they normally come in the same box. Here is a tid bit....when I buy the gasket kit, it comes with 3 gaskets, one is the backing plate gasket, the other 2 are water pump gaskets..one is for water pump you have, the other is for the serpintine water pump ....this is a good way to tell if you bought the correct water pump, just compare the gaskets with the old pump from the motor, then you know it's the right pump....toss the other gasket.

rookie

A thanks retired warhorse for the info got the water pump of and on and yes I did it the hard way. Not bad I guess when u figure it out now I'm waiting for a new water pump pulley mine had a little wear on it and play I guess from a bad water pump thanks again guys I'll have my parts on by Friday keep u posted

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks