• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Water pump replacement

Dayron84

Ok guys...as usual I cause myself more headache than is necessary. While I had the radiator out I figured I would go ahead and replace the water pump since I had easy access. Not knowing the water pump is attached to a plate and not directly to the front of the engine. I have a new water pump and a gasket but I do not have a gasket for the plate. Could I use an rtv or do I need to wait and order the gasket?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Daves86

FYI make sure to torque the bolts, else you'll get to do that job again. I used 35 lbs/ft and all went well (not so true with 25 that I used first time around).

Dayron84

Ordered new radiator hose set on eBay. Everything looks good except the hose going from surge tank to lower pipe. This is definitely the wrong hose. Is this a hose I could get locally without having to order? Would really like to get this buttoned up this weekend

Dayron84

I’ll be refilling antifreeze once I’ve got this back together. Any particular antifreeze I should use? It had green in but I’ve flushed it out. We use the fleet charge at work with all our diesel trucks.

Ajax MD

These old school gm diesels were plain green antifreeze from factory.
I've been immersed in the 5-ton world for the last year where DCA is the norm. Do the GM diesels need any supplemental additive in the coolant, or just run straight green like a gasoline vehicle?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks