• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Water temp guage install

isaacucv

You may be able to take that one apart. I used the $30 guages from LMC. I mounted them where the big plug was mounted. I would have prefered to put them somewhere that is easier to see but there isnt room for 3 guages where the volt meter is. Good luck with it

cmroles

I would have prefered to put them somewhere that is easier to see but there isnt room for 3 guages where the volt meter is. Good luck with it
I'm planning on the water temp next the voltmeter because it gets HOT here in Phoenix. Engine temp is my first concern.

The other 2 gauges I'm looking into are Oil Press and Tranny Temp which I think will go in the radio-delete plate.

Attachments

rnd-motorsports

That temp is just what mine runs about 180 and drops a bit at idle and the oil at start up is about 80 and when hot at idle is 35/40 and about 65/70 at speed :driver: I would think that gauge would be fine about 230 is the hottest I would run then for only a short while but you should never see it that hot not with the rad. they put in them! I put my gauges in front of the radio delete plate works good there easy to see have two 2 5/8 oil and water temp side bye side!

rnd-motorsports

just went out a took this I used the normal plate that came with the Stewart warner gauges got a piece of 1'' fat stock cut it as wide as mount screwed the strap to the lower lip of the dash just above the radio spot and fastened the gauge mount to that I don't plan on a FM radio if I do all I have is three small hole's on the underside of the lip above the radio.

Attachments

cmroles

just went out a took this I used the normal plate that came with the Stewart warner gauges got a piece of 1'' fat stock cut it as wide as mount screwed the strap to the lower lip of the dash just above the radio spot and fastened the gauge mount to that I don't plan on a FM radio if I do all I have is three small hole's on the underside of the lip above the radio.
Looks pretty good.

On a different subject, do you find that the CB radio mounted under the dash right there is in the way of the gas pedal / interferes with your leg at all?

I'm also looking for a CB location and had considered this, but haven't made up my mind yet.

rnd-motorsports

The radio in the pic is my fire dept radio its only about 4 inches deep and no its not in the way I'm taller so seat is back the radio is not past the end of dash so no problem with pedal I could see if the radio was deeper it could be a problem!

cucv1833

I also have both Gauges water/oil on the DRIVER side rear of the block. the oil pressure gauge is in where the sending unit for dummy lights were. the water temp is where the Glowplug sensor goes. thats how it was when i got the truck from a freind. my glow plug light use to stay on a long time hot or cold. After researching on here i just plugged the GP sensor back into the socket and it sits ontop the engine block. It starts perfect now. the AC60Gs where a big help also. The water temp works great it does seem to take a while to heat up but it does get up to 185 degree MAX after about 1 hour
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/attachments/cucv/216146d1291584806-gauges-question-dsc00250.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks