• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Water to air intercooler, Charge air cooler, Aftercooler...

merlot566jka

yup. been doing it for about 4 years now. as long as the egt's are down and you don't over rev the eng and the valves are adjusted and you have the new style head gaskets then yes it will do it.
Good to hear. I am also curious of your egt's and what kind of load you carry.

Even after cranking up the fuel till I was hitting 1400* (loaded at 23000lbs) and pouring out billows of black smoke, I still never got anything above 12psi. And that's with a "D" turbo. Maybe my boost gauge is leaking?

PropDr

tank is in the bed now and the nozzle is in the outlet of the turbo itself. pump is under the hood, controller is in the cab as well as map sensor.

Have you ever tried the system with the nozzle on the inlet side of the compressor or are you worried about blade erosion?

jwaller

Have you ever tried the system with the nozzle on the inlet side of the compressor or are you worried about blade erosion?
no you do not want to do this. for the highest efficiency you have to inject at the highest temp. that means on the engine side of the turbo.

I don't want water hitting the comp wheel either.

jwaller

Good to hear. I am also curious of your egt's and what kind of load you carry.

Even after cranking up the fuel till I was hitting 1400* (loaded at 23000lbs) and pouring out billows of black smoke, I still never got anything above 12psi. And that's with a "D" turbo. Maybe my boost gauge is leaking?
ya you have some kind of error there. you should be running a lot more boost than that. a leak in the system maybe.

my truck empty weights 15k and I can make 22psi easily with that weight.

you shouldn't see 1400 either thats a little high.

I usually see 22psi and 1100deg or so.

jwaller

Post pics and what is your egt at 22 psi. What size nozzle are you running and what other mods to run that boost?
no other mods other than what I have already listed.

egt is about 1100-1150. nozzle size really doesnt matter much on a progressive, high pressure system but If I remember right it's about 0.050.

Loco_Hosa

Im curious about the style of head gasket. Please explain how one would know or check, and what the differences are....?

Sorry about the possible hijack.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks