• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Water Trailer and others

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
I will try this again after loosing all the pictures to a time out on the site. I think my problem was the size of the pictures and using Vista Powertoy does not work. I did find a free Vista re-sizer so that is what I am using for this.

Anyhoo these were taken the night before I flew back to Korea and I am sorry they are dark. I picked the trailer up at Fort Meade and boy is Sarah nicer than the last woman that worked that siter. Former 92Y and now helping us out Woo Hoo.

The trailer is hooked up to the deuce and I am planning on using it as a biodiesel maker when I get retired and have time to work on it. The M127 is converted with a high top made out of 4X4's and plywood and a big commercial tarp. Did this to store things in there while I am deployed.

Did not get to start the M818 while I was home the batteries are dead and I did not have time to work on any of my vehicles with the wife in the hospital and a year's worth of honey do's around the house.

Attachments

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
David,
I wish you had been home a little longer. I'm going to be out at Ft Meade in a few weeks. I would have liked to have met you.

steve

rsh253

David,

Thanks for taking the time for posting the photos. Quite the set up. We expect to see some more taken upon you return! Take care during the rest of your deployment. I hope your wife is doing well!

BR, Russ

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
I am presently scheduled to come back in March of 2009 if the Army is done with me. I used a picture resizer to make the photos smaller because they were 3.5 MB and now they look kind of poor quality sorry about that.

My wife is doing well no cancer was found but they did wind up taking out her whole thyroid so she will be on supplements from now on. It makes you think how wonderfully complex our bodies have been created when normally all we do is put in fuel and dump trash. One little gland and you have to use STP forever.

I plan on really hitting all the vehicles hard when I get home taking care of rust and batteriers giving them new paint and getting them all standing tall and looking good.

The water trailer is in pretty good shape the tank is clean and straight no corrosion on the aluminum and the tires are almost brand new. It is so light I could pick the tongue up by myself although I enlisted my son to help me hook it into the duece. I am planning on using it to collect and produce biodiesel and I am still thinking on the setup details but I envision a portable brewery for the stuff.

rsh253

David,

I think your night time photography skills must be better than you typing skills. Your post said March 2009! :shock: That has to be a typo :!:

Unfortunatley, I know it is not. And I thought the Navy guys had it rough with their 6 mo. deployments at sea! Do you get sent home for a visit before then? We civies are sure spoiled. I have to travel some for work & really whine when I'm away from home for more than a week :cry:

I very happy to hear that your wife is OK. That had to be quite an ordeal for your wife, you and all you family.

It always seems so inadiquate to say this to you folks in the military; but THANK YOU for your service and sacrifices.

BR, Russ

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
i too am glad she is going to be OK. and i hope you get out in time to be home and have all your trucks looking good. ill be seeing you agian at one of the rallys

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks