• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Water Truck M50 or similar?

tjonesdfw

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What are the best years and models of deuce based water trucks out there? Looking to rig up our own private brush truck of sorts to use in case of fire on a large ranch. Any good sources for quality trucks you guys recommend? Thanks

HDN

I think a M939 series 5 ton would make a much better brush truck . You can probably find former brush trucks on GSA auctions.
I agree with this mostly because I've read about how some VFDs were looking to buy a deuce with plans to totally overload it with water. 5-tons definitely make better water tankers since they are more - trucky? - than the deuce (I tell people the M35 is pretty much the baby of US military cargo trucks).

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks