• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

WC-51 gun mount

Golly

I have a 1942 WC-51 and would like to mount a 30 cal on it. would a half track pedestal mount be correct in the bed. ( i have one of those ), or a ring mount over the passenger seat. ( do not have one )..Would like to find one contact me. Photo in my albums.

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The correct mount is the M24A2. I have found several photos but am unable to find detailed specs I can use to have one built. Let me know if you succeed.

Attachments

Golly

Thanks..not able to build one would like to find an original,.will keep searching. I have a pretty complete 1945 WC-52 basket cace i need to get to a good home..in my albums

M37Dodge

I have the blueprints for the M24A2 and M24A3.

They are readily available in either US Army manual TM 9-224 or TM 9-8030. I can check tomorrow. They leave out the height on the pintal vertical pipe - which I have as well. I think I got them from the Carlisle US Army War College Library - it has been many years.

PM me w/ your email for the file if you can't find it online.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks