• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

WC-51 Restoration or Bust!!

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
On Friday I used the needle scaler to remove the heavy paint layers on the front fenders prior to sandblasting. A picture is attached. This weekend's project was to sandblast and epoxy primer the front fenders, grill, front light guards and the outer windshield frame. Also painted the tranny tunnel and the inner windshield frame which was already prepped and I will take it to the glass shop next week. I still have some serious body work to do on the lower portion of the outer windshield frame and the front of the passenger side fender. Now I am on a 24 hour Crown and beer break. :-D

Needle-Scaler-Results.jpgD.S.-Front-Fender.jpgP.S.-Front-Fender.jpgGrill,-Light-Guard-and-Wind.jpgTranny-Tunnel-and-Inner-Fen.jpg

zout

You have been on a break last two years fella - get the lead out that is all simple stuff to get done before ya go beddy bye. Why is there always chit hanging in the air around your garage - does it smell ??

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You have been on a break last two years fella - get the lead out that is all simple stuff to get done before ya go beddy bye. Why is there always chit hanging in the air around your garage - does it smell ??
I can't wait until the Rally so I can give you a big hug!!

:tank:

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got the reproduction inner windshield primed, painted and glass inserted. Finished the windshield frame and installed the bottom weather strip and turn tabs for the cab cover. Painted and installed the two floor pans but still need to install the brake and clutch pedal draft pads. Finally, painted the oil can bracket and installed on the firewall.

Body work has been completed on the front fenders and inner splash walls and hope to paint tomorrow.

Floor-Pans.jpgCab-Windshield.jpgCowl-Side-Windshield.jpgOil-Can-and-Bracket.jpg

saddamsnightmare

September 26th, 2013.

Tinwoodsman:

The oil can holder is pretty cool, kinda like the ones used on some Model "T" Fords...What keeps the can from bouncing out on rough roads or terrain? And is the OD WWII No.7 or something different? Also, what did you use for the loom covering on your wiring? I seem to remember one can still get the cambric loom covering tubes, but it has been awhile since I looked! Good job so far, keep it up soldier, the end is in sight!:naner:

Last edited:

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
September 26th, 2013.

Tinwoodsman:

The oil can holder is pretty cool, kinda like the ones used on some Model "T" Fords...What keeps the can from bouncing out on rough roads or terrain? And is the OD WWII No.7 or something different? Also, what did you use for the loom covering on your wiring? I seem to remember one can still get the cambric loom covering tubes, but it has been awhile since I looked! Good job so far, keep it up soldier, the end is in sight!:naner:
The holding bracket for the oil can has a spring loaded claw fitting that grips the can. The OD is late WWII #319. I did my own harness and the covering is made up of sections of various size heat shrink tubing. Thanks for viewing.

zout

Oh Where Oh Where can he be
can Tinwoodsman MV's work be gone
oh where oh where can it be

He's got a trailer
and a WC
we've all been awaiting
for pictures to see

He stall's and he waits
as he mecticously works
and has tiem for his other qwerks
oh where oh where can he be

His thread almost went out of sight
time to get back to work
and give us a view
before I gotta head to San Antonio
and give him some hellaa balu

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would have had the WC done by now but I just cannot deal with losing my reputation of "the slacker". Went to see the guy who was supposed to repair my right front fender. He fell and fractured his scull and was in Intensive Care for over a week. He is back on the job part time as of yesterday and hopes to get me my fender by next week. If not I am going to take it to the guy who did some bodywork for me on my 1950 Ford F1.

Did get the clutch and brake pedal draft pads and brackets installed. Repaired some cracks in the steering wheel and clean, bead blasted and painted my air cleaner. Sorry Commander! I will press on.

Brake-and-Clutch-Draft-Pads.jpgSteering-Wheel.jpg

zout

whoooo baby - I have pic withdrawl relief.
I still work when I hit my noggin ??? is that fender fella a slacker as well ??

Looking at that floor board should be a scratch & sniff picture it looks so perfect

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Gave in to serious pressure from a certain party who shall remain nameless. Got the steering wheel and horn button installed today. Then I installed the refurbished air cleaner followed by the wipers and vacuum plumbing along with the rear view mirror. Finally, I installed the seats. Hopefully I will get my repaired fender back within a couple days and I can finish off the front.

Steering-Wheel.jpgAir-Cleaner.jpgWipers-and-Mirror.jpgSeats.jpgStorage-Box.jpg

zout

TWM - I have resorted to make your invoice for harrassment to zero balance - service is free as your producing results now. I can always send you the invoice sealed with a pink zip tie if needed.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks