• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

WC-51 Restoration or Bust!!

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If any of them factory guys is still alive, you would make them proud.
I think the factory boys might be embarrased in their work compared to the quality of work that TWM has been doing. He would then be hired as the QC manager of the production facility and not be able to work on his own equipment :)

Last edited:

L1A1

I think the factor boys might be embarrased in their work compared to the quality of work that TWM has been doing. He would then be hired as the QC manager of the production facility and not be able to work on his own equipment :)
You may be right about that. I've heard it before that (we) MVers tend to restore our vehicles to a higher degree then when they were new....

Matt

nattieleather

You may be right about that. I've heard it before that (we) MVers tend to restore our vehicles to a higher degree then when they were new....

Matt
A old friend of mine who had worked at the tank plant in Cleveland (now the IX center) would always say the same thing when we were working on a MV restoration. He would say "You know what my foreman at the tank plant would say don't you? It's an army vehicle not a Cadillac! Paint it and move on!"

So, yeah we tend to do a better job than the originals.

TWM your truck is looking great!

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not much time this morning but I was able to get a friend over to help me re-install the engine compartment hood. Adjusted it the best I could and it should be serviceable. The rest of the day in dedicated to meetings and honey do's. Hopefully I can get the repaired fender back tomorrow and finish up the front end.

Drivers Side Hood.jpgWindshield-Rest.jpgInterior-Hood.jpg

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yup. As usual I have been slacking. Spent a few days flat on my back or sitting in a chair. Old age is a bitch. I did pick up the fenders from the body man today. Not perfect but I was able to get it to fit with a little help from a bottle jack and a piece of 4X4 wood. Removed it and need to refinish it since he pounded the crap out of it. Mounted the drivers side fender this afternoon and hope to do the passenger side tomorrow with pictures. Stand by Commander.

:naner:

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not perfect but I was able to get it to fit with a little help from a bottle jack and a piece of 4X4 wood. Removed it and need to refinish it since he pounded the crap out of it.
I never found that a Bottle of Jack Daniels ever helped me with doing body work. :)

Last edited:

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Try it sometimes Swiss. It gives you super powers! You obviously should have know this since the guy who did you CUCV invented the process. :p

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I never found that a Bottle of Jack Daniels ever helped me with doing body work. :)
I agree Sir... But a bottle of Crown Royal is a different matter. I've found that after a single bottle of Crown I'm 10 feet tall and bullet proof and can do most anything!

Special note...sometimes the results of my work look much different the next day:roll:

Last edited:

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Working around a sore back and knee but I wanted to provide Zout and PB a tidbit for their viewing pleasure. After much adjusting, I finally got the front fenders installed. Cleaned them up and put another coat of paint on so you can watch the paint dry. Crown Royal helps with this too Swiss! Anyway, tomorrow I hope to get the front lights installed and then on to finishing the beat up bumper.

Fender.jpg

zout

Atta Bro - now your talking perfection.
I usually have to put the bullet proof vest around my head to keep the impacts down when the good stuff comes out when working on stuff - helps from getting a concusion after I trip and fall as well.

You get a one day repreve before I start in on you about posting pics of the bumper installed

zout

In all fairness to TWM - he has worked hard at his given pace to what he wants to achieve in the end with this project.

He has done an outstanding job and craftsmenship piece of MV history to bring this WC back to life - PRISTINE condition.
If he is not proud of what he has done - I am proud for him as his work and skill shows and will soon reveal to all in the end project.

This add's yet another WC to AMERICA to see however and whenever they can be displayed and shown to the public of our history.

TWM - Salute Brother.

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Been working on the fenders and lighting this week. After getting the passenger side fender re-shaped I installed the welting on the fenders and then installed the fenders, hood side panel bumpers and lights. Next post will deal with the bumper install.

Finished-Fender.jpgWelting.jpgSide-Panel-Bumper.jpgDriver-Side-Lights.jpgPassenger Side Lights.jpgLight Wiring.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks