• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

WC-51 Restoration or Bust!!

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, I started the sandblasting project at 9:45am and finished about 6:30pm. Yes I did stop for a few beers but this cargo bed had more nooks and crannies than PB's compound. I used 200 lbs of media and recycled it 1 time. I am thankful this is the last major blasting requirement on this restoration. Here are some pics:

SB1.jpgSB2.jpgSB3.jpgSB4.jpgSB5.jpg

zout

I'm going to indulge myself here as I usually do anyhow - with one suggestions - take down ALL the pictures of my sisters in your garage NOW - images46U0QXTT.jpg

zout

Watching the build is like watching Twilight Zone - I am bored to death and your project is becconing to be completed. Just think - another YEAR (365 days) has gone by. Like watching paint dry.

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't know what you are talking about. I already completed the WC project and sold it to a guy for $25K. I now have found a Yugo in mint condition and will paint it camo with Behr paint from H.D. Look for the new thread entitled "Beyond Zout"

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I don't know what you are talking about. I already completed the WC project and sold it to a guy for $25K. I now have found a Yugo in mint condition and will paint it camo with Behr paint from H.D. Look for the new thread entitled "Beyond Zout"
Don't forget, you said I could make payments on the WC as each monthly welfare check arrives.[thumbzup]

Oh...and the Yugo I traded you was once owned by a **** star in Yugoslavia. She sorta looks like an American film star but totally different...and hairy.rofl

zout

As I'm looking for an Eaton M45 BMW Mini Cooper Supercharger to fab onto Debs jeep engine - YOU have 364 days left - for two projects. :popcorn::popcorn:

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm bettin ya can have it done in 265.33 days Bro!!:beer:
Well, high 60's today with light wind so I was able to attack the cargo bed. PB, after today's progress I think I can knock .33 days off your estimate. :p
Started by going over the bare metal which had a rust inhibitor applied and used Scotchbrite pads and then removed any residues with a surface prep chemical and degreaser. Moved the bed dolly outside and positioned it to start the etching primer. They told me it was gray but it was actually Goat Vomit Green. After letting the etching primer dry for 2 hours, I started on the epoxy primer and thankfully it was gray. Applied two coats of the epoxy primer and let it air dry for several hours in the nice warm sun. Then, moved it inside for the night. Glad I got it done because it looks like it will be awhile before it get warm again.

Bed-Prepped.jpgReady-for-Etching-Primer.jpgEtching-Primer.jpgGoat-Vomit-Green-Primer.jpgEpoxy-Primer.jpgEpoxy-Primer-2.jpgEpoxy-Primer-3.jpg

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Well, high 60's today with light wind so I was able to attack the cargo bed. PB, after today's progress I think I can knock .33 days off your estimate. :p
Started by going over the bare metal which had a rust inhibitor applied and used Scotchbrite pads and then removed any residues with a surface prep chemical and degreaser. Moved the bed dolly outside and positioned it to start the etching primer. They told me it was gray but it was actually Goat Vomit Green. After letting the etching primer dry for 2 hours, I started on the epoxy primer and thankfully it was gray. Applied two coats of the epoxy primer and let it air dry for several hours in the nice warm sun. Then, moved it inside for the night. Glad I got it done because it looks like it will be awhile before it get warm again.

View attachment 470498View attachment 470499View attachment 470500View attachment 470501View attachment 470502View attachment 470503View attachment 470504
Dammitman!!! What a difference a day makes!!

Looks like we will have a big WWII vehicle selection at the Rally this year!!:papabear:

zout

Just think if I keep on continually harassing you - I bet you can have it done in 1/2 that time rofl[thumbzup]

Great looking pics and what perfect weather to have the etch and primer seal up tight in.

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I like the wooden frame support, very nice! Commander Z is jealous that you have a project to work on :)

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I wouldn't want to live in the Texas heat in the summer, but I can't lie: I'm a little jealous of someone shooting epoxy in January outside.

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks Carlo. I followed a Facebook post on a WC restoration in Italy by a gentleman named Luca. He was very helpful to me with some critical measurements.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks