• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

WC-51 Restoration or Bust!!

zout

You may be dead before he finishes it - like watching paint dry. But it will be awesome till ya kick the bucket.

Just in case you think this ribbing is all cruel - TWM knows I am messing with him and he does awesome work - that WC is most bodacious.

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Please Please Please, natural wood, dont ruin with Paint.

Did I say Please Please Please

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yuk! Yuk! Got all the cargo bed metal and filler work done and hope to prime and paint this week. Need the wind to die down for a while but then again, this is March... ;)

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
As beautiful as the wood is, I'd paint it.

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Finished the body work and sprayed the high build primer to smooth out some areas. Metal is ready for a light touch up with a scotch brite pad and then the final paint. Need to removed the wood and bed strips and PRIME AND PAINT the wood. :-D :evil:

Here are a few pictures:

Bed 1.jpgBed 2.jpg

zout

When your done sanding that stuff turns out baby butt smooth ey - no wrinkles - no pits - no divets - just shear flat surface to shoot a smooth buttery coat of paint onto. But now I know you lost your mind painting that wood - total sacraledge.

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
No Paint
No Paint
No Paint
No Paint

I am going to have all the GA senators and representatives call you day and night and then email you until you acquiesce

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks all. Pretty smooth now but I have decided to leave the original spot weld marks on the sides since that was original. I went into the shop this evening and the wood was screaming......We don't want to be nekid anymore....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks