• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

WC-51 Restoration or Bust!!

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think you should paint every other board.....That way, everyone is happy. You could say that the private in charge made a mistake.

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am the tortise, Zout is the hare. :-D Plugging away on the cargo bed. Got two coats of OD on the bed metal and some spot painting on the front panel and tailgate. Cleaned, prepped and primered the wheel well plates, the rear bed box strips, the battery cover and a host of fasteners for the wheel well plates and battery cover. Also, milled the fuel sender access hole in the center bed board which will be covered by a metal plate.

The pain in the butt part is cleaning and prepping all the fasterners which I believe total somewhere above 1,000 pieces. Or at least it feels that way. However, I am drinking an ice cold Stella Artois and feel much better.

Cargo-Bed-Paint.jpgFront-Panel.jpgTailgate.jpgTailgate-Chains.jpgWheel-Well-Plates.jpgBattery-Box-Cover.jpgWheel-Well-Fasteners.jpgSender-Access.jpg

poppop

I am the Tortise because you are making progress and I am not. I don't think we should use Zout as a comparison because he will make anybody look bad. Work looks great as always.

zout

Ole Zout is just a pain in the butt anyhow - TWM - now THAT is why I gave you that special little tool kit last year for all them little pieces and that tool makes it FUN (remember - if your NOT having fun its not worth doing) (but don;t have so much fun ruining that perfectly awesome outstanding woodwork).

HEY - how do you keep your garage so clean - PM me for the answer - na I will tell everyone - DON:T work on your truck every day and make a mess like this knucklehead does.[thumbzup]

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I only counted 39 fasteners on that board! I'm sure it SEEMS like a thousand when you're laying them out and flipping them to make sure they get painted uniformly though.

Things should go more quickly for you now Bro since most of the tedious stuff is behind you.[thumbzup]

I care barely keep from hopping in my truck and coming down/over there one weekend and helping assemble that beauty just so I can say I helped!!

Oh...BTW: :goodjob: and :not worthy:

zout

When your KC is done - just drive down there and snatch that baby up and tow it back to Columbus. I see he stuck tow hooks on the front.
Whatever is not done yet just toss it in the box. Oh - bring that Ben Hur trailer back with you - he'll probably want to paint the bed of that as well.

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I only counted 39 fasteners on that board! I'm sure it SEEMS like a thousand when you're laying them out and flipping them to make sure they get painted uniformly though.

Things should go more quickly for you now Bro since most of the tedious stuff is behind you.[thumbzup]

I care barely keep from hopping in my truck and coming down/over there one weekend and helping assemble that beauty just so I can say I helped!!

Oh...BTW: :goodjob: and :not worthy:
Thanks PB. That board holds just the first group of fastners. There will be many, many more but it will get done. If you come, don't bring that rascal Zout. He will try to steal the WC and haul it off to the scrapper. :roll:

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Fortunately the Ben Hur trailer has a metal bed so I won't have to hear about that!!!!! Unless of course you want me to paint it to look like wood. :doh:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
OK...I gotta confess. I support TWM in painting the wood...that's just how it was and probably what he should do.:-D

BUT!!!....

There is always the ole : "This vehicle was assigned to Colonel Whatshisname and when the wood on his trucks got replaced he was too cheap to pay for paint so it was left natural" excuse!!:roll:

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
PB, glad to see you came over to the dark side. Good thing because I put primer/sealer on the passenger side panel today. In the interest of self preservation, I do not think I will post any pictures until the bed is finished. :cool:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks