• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wc-51

GatorDoc

I recently purchased this dodge. I have always been a jeep guy so I would be interested in what you think. Not sure if I am going to keep it but its in really good condition that it would make an easy restore. Very interested in your observations and ideas on what I have here.
Thanks,
GatorDocWC51- 11.jpgWC51- 3.jpgWC51- 4.jpgWC51- 5.jpgWC51- 6.jpgWC51- 7.jpgWC51- 8.jpgWC51- 9.jpgWC51- 10.jpgWC51- 2.jpg

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice condition and seats. Will need a windshield and Midwest has them for about $400 repro. You rear crossmember is rusted just like mine was only not as bad. Good luck with it. Do like I did and give John at Midwest your credit card to save yourself a lot of time. :)

1958 M274

Looks like a fairly complete, mostly original truck! Is it an ex-Norwegian vehicle? I ask because it appears to have several extra holes in the same locations mine had, from their modifications. The serial number on the frame is located under the drivers side front fender. It should match the data plate on the glove box door if it didn't get swapped at some point. I see someone added an electric fuel pump, and maybe a civilian air cleaner? The voltage regulator is a replacement also. Looks like your truck is probably a late 1943 or later model. I believe it would have been 12 volt from the factory. Where in GA are you? I'm just north of Atlanta.

GatorDoc

Not sure if its a Norwegian return or not. How do you tell? All markings throughout are in english. I recently bought it from a gentleman down in S. Florida who was going to open a MV museum but for whatever reason did not. Actually it was sitting right beside a W-63 recently posted on this forum. it is titled as a 1943. Its my understanding that it came from the west coast approx 3 yrs ago, was put under a covered shelter and not touched again. Still thinking about selling it but have not decided. Does anyone know an easy way to tell if its 6 or 12 volt? Sounds like a silly question but parts of it look 12volt and parts look 6 volt. I dont want to find out the hard way. BTW the gentleman selling it had quite a few vehicles left. I took pictures and have some contact info if anyone is interested.
Gator Doc

scottgs

Nice looking truck! So you say it was sitting next to my WC-63 under the shed? If only I'd gotten there sooner, there might have been some parts swapping going on. ;)

Garret

GatorDoc

Hello,
I thought about "sharing " some parts but got to caught up in moving a 5800lb vehicle with absolutely NO brakes. We relocated a small section of fence and made a front end loader tractor very aware of our presence.
J

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Gatordoc, the generator and the regulator should have metal tags indicating the voltage. Or, you can remove the generator and if it breaks your back, it is a 12V. :p

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks