• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

WC from PI

Sam Juan

Hi,

I just bought a WC. It really needs a lot of work. Currently has a Japanese diesel engine inside. It came with the original engine though. Not sure if it works. I would like to restore the bed. Can anyone point me to a person/place where I can get drawings with dimensions of the bed? This puppy was being used in a construction site here in the Philippines.

Photo0017.jpgPhoto0022.jpg

TIA

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Very cool!

Welcome to the site.

Sam Juan

Thanks for the welcome!

I'de like to ask some questions to this sub-group.

1. I noticed my rear leaf springs are relatively new. They are 3" wide. Are the original leafs 3" or 2"? how many leaves?

2. The fronts seem originals, these are 2", true? how many leaves?

3. My orig gas tank is missing. I would appreciate anyone posting pics of their orig tanks (with dimensions please). I will have them fabricated.

Guys, I hope you don't mind if I ask for these kinds of favors, out here in Philippines, I have few (if any at all) sources of orig, restored units.

Thanks,

Sam Juan

Turns out this donor vehicle is a WC 64! 121 inch wheelbase with hydraulic shocks on all fours. The first vehicle I posted seems to be another ambulance model! 114 inch wheelbase. With attachment for hydraulic shocks also!

snowdad

Sam,
I have a WC-51 that I restored and can provide any measurement you require. As for the ambulance models, none came factory equipped with a winch (ala WC-52). If your first one has a factory winch then it was never an ambulance model.
Phillip

Sam Juan

Philip, The first WC had a winch but I think it was attached later. The frame was extended with steel channel. This unit was being used as a construction truck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks