• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

WC22 Coming to PapaBear

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Some of you may have seen this truck on an auction site (it's ended). I made a few bids but lost out. Well...something happened and it became "available" again and I bought it today.

1943ht went and picked it up for me this evening so now it's in WI safe and sound...and MINE!!

Thursday evening or Friday morning (early), Tony, Troy and I will launch from the compound hauling two vehicles north (classified mission) and will be bringing the WC22 back to GA. (BabyBear has to set out this trip).

1943ht says the vehicle fired right up and drove up on his trailer and he is impressed with the truck and items that come with it. That's good enough for me!:beer:

Here's a few pics:

Attachments

Last edited:

Bill W

I had a WC-21 they are cool vehicles. I could never get over the 6v pos ground setup ( something just wrong about hooking a pos wire to the frame )

wc21.jpg

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I had a WC-21 they are cool vehicles. I could never get over the 6v pos ground setup ( something just wrong about hooking a pos wire to the frame )
View attachment 408689
Bill, I had a project WC-21 back in 2007 and was even able to find a VERY good cab to replace the rusted out one on the truck but before we got very far in fixin her up my shop burned and she looked like a hunk of twisted metal!:cry:

These ole open cab 1/2tons have always facinated me and I am really stoked to find one this complete and well preserved. She will never be a trailer queen but we intend to finish her up and give her a good home. I hope she eventually looks close to the one you had.

Thanks for the kind words Stan, we will try to live up to your expectations.:beer:

Attachments

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
God loves me. HE will guide and watch over me...even when I do stupid chit...like leaving 70 degree weather and launching into 20-30 degree weather.

I've never understood how some of the SS members could buy a vehicle/equipment and wait for weeks or months to recover it. When I buy something...I can't rest or sleep until I have it secured in the compound...even if I don't touch it for weeks, months or years...LOL

Ryan, I'm very sorry Bro, we are fully loaded going up or I would GLADLY bring your 1009 up.

Here's the plan...the classified items headed north are loaded on my 25' GN trailer, tarped, and hooked to my dually.
Troy, Tony and I are leaving here at 20:00hrs tomorrow evening for a "hot run" and will drop to arrive at 1943ht's AO in WI sometime Friday evening. We will load the WC Fri evening or oh dark thirty Sat morning and make a hot run back to Columbus so we can have family day Sunday.

Pic will follow of some of the trip when I can.

ABN173

God loves me. HE will guide and watch over me...even when I do stupid chit...like leaving 70 degree weather and launching into 20-30 degree weather.

I've never understood how some of the SS members could buy a vehicle/equipment and wait for weeks or months to recover it. When I buy something...I can't rest or sleep until I have it secured in the compound...even if I don't touch it for weeks, months or years...LOL

Ryan, I'm very sorry Bro, we are fully loaded going up or I would GLADLY bring your 1009 up.

Here's the plan...the classified items headed north are loaded on my 25' GN trailer, tarped, and hooked to my dually.
Troy, Tony and I are leaving here at 20:00hrs tomorrow evening for a "hot run" and will drop to arrive at 1943ht's AO in WI sometime Friday evening. We will load the WC Fri evening or oh dark thirty Sat morning and make a hot run back to Columbus so we can have family day Sunday.

Pic will follow of some of the trip when I can.
Safe Travels PB! Thanks for you and/or your crew helping my wife get that spare dryer outta my truck last weekend! I was headed up there this weekend too maybe you guys will be back before I have to head back to FT Rucker.

-Dale

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Safe Travels PB! Thanks for you and/or your crew helping my wife get that spare dryer outta my truck last weekend! I was headed up there this weekend too maybe you guys will be back before I have to head back to FT Rucker. -Dale
Dale, you folks are CAMO Family. Whenever you or she needs sumpin...you both have my number. If Im not there, call me or have the dispatcher call me and you can do what needs to be done on the compound.

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Have a safe and uneventful trip PB! Really lookin forward to those pics. Not to cold up here right now, so I think you'll be good. Remember to keep the rubber side down, as they say. Because the shiny side don't steer worth a darn! God be with you and yours!
Tony

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
The only thing we get down here is red/brown mud after it rains. Is it anything like that?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks