• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

WC22 Coming to PapaBear

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like PB will slide into WI, and slide out between storms. Drive safe!

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Looks like PB will slide into WI, and slide out between storms. Drive safe!
That's the plan EMD. It's been raining cats and dogs here since EARLY this morning. Glad everything was prepped for movement yesterday.:-D
According to my research...the worst of the weather up north SHOULD be to the east of our objective.

8 hours to SP time!!

zout

Geeeze o pete PB - I had to pull out the Rand McNaly map - Wi is only 4 1/4 inches away from you ??? Looks really close enough
to go get from here. Why folks wait for picking stuff either made no sence to me - I can give them the part # off this map and they
can see how close their stuff is better maybe ??

I know I had an invitation for the "ride" and I sure wish I could get outta here to go do it.

zout

PB - ya all have an unmolested trip - in case you get sleepy and pull over into a rest area - do not answer the knock on the window for someone asking your if you want
a "date".

I do not know first hand - but that is a vicious rumor I heard about you all truckers in them rest areas and truck stops.
untitled.jpg

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The first flake of snow on my shoulder is an act of god. The second? My own D***N fault.:mrgreen:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
We left here (Columbus, GA.) at 20:02hrs Thursday, 7 Feb with a fully loaded trailer headed for WI. to retrieve my new (to me) 1941 WC22.
Mapquest called it 19hrs+ straight driving time there and we made it in just over 17hrs including all stops.

The plan was to drop our cargo at it's destination, then head to 1943ht's AO to spend the night and have a super prime rib dinner, then head back Saturday morning.
Well, after passing thru snow and temps I haven't experienced since Alaska in 1976, Troy, Tony and I decided to just do a "turn and burn" and come on back before the next round of "Artic" weather could hem us in.
We got a good tour of 1943ht's AO and his toys, loaded up the WC and headed home.
Thanks again for your hospitality and all your help- Mark!!

We headed back without incident and arrived safely at the compound at 13:30hrs Saturday. Total elapsed time from start to finish was 41.5hrs for 2,374 miles and we were all some tired puppies.
Shucks, 40yrs ago I think I could have made that same trip alone, but things seem to be changing??

Ya know it's kinda funny, we left WI with the heater on...even passed thru 6 degree temps in Il but somewhere around Cullman Al., we had to turn the AC on!!

Anyhoo the mission was a total success and I want to thank 1943ht, Troy and Tony for helping make me a very happy camper!!

Here's a few pics. The house is 1943ht's and that's him driving the WC onto the trailer:
]

Attachments

Last edited:

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
SA-WEET~ well, next time you come North, don't stay so long! LOL! Glad all went well, that you got to experience "snow" PB, that you all are safe, that's what really matters!
God bless,
Tony

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not bad. 57 mph plus avg over the length of the trip. That will get you iron butt status from most folks. The best I have done was 62 something, when I drove to Huntington WVa, to chase a steam engine.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Not bad. 57 mph plus avg over the length of the trip. That will get you iron butt status from most folks. The best I have done was 62 something, when I drove to Huntington WVa, to chase a steam engine.
I can assure you Sir....Iron butt status does not apply to us!! "Hurtin butt" status is more appropriate in our case!
When I got home yesterday I took a LONG hot shower, filled MB in on the trip and layed down about 19:30hrs and woke up this morning around 07:30hrs.B]

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am so jealous. That beauty is in great shape. I am glad you guys had a safe trip. How many times did you stop for biscuits and gravey with the egg. :tank:

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I hold a iron butt membership. 1026 miles in 22hrs and 16mins. On a motorcycle.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks