• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

WC3 Coming to Papa!!

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Just bought a WC3 from another SteelSoldiers member Saturday evening over the phone after seeing a pic. I'll let him identify himself if he wants.

I've been looking for one of these for years!! Had one back in 2007 with a spare almost mint cab but all that got burned to a crisp when my shop burned Nov 17, 2007.

Here's the real kicker...I had a hood, grill, windshield frame, spare tire carrier and a couple other small pieces cleaned and primed laying in a basket case WWII jeep that we scrapped earlier this year...and that stuff was left in it!!
DOH!!! It was an accident and I wasn't particulary mad at the scrapper then cause I never thought I would get another one...but...

Anyhoo...I only have one pic for now. Doc and I are gonna pick her up Wednesday...more pics then.

Attachments

zout

Did someone say PROJECT TIME !!!!!!

PB I bet if you go see the metal scrapper - he might have some metal you can piece back together - just saying.
The more I see pictures of it - the closer it is to being done and running.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Did someone say PROJECT TIME !!!!!!
PB I bet if you go see the metal scrapper - he might have some metal you can piece back together - just saying.
The more I see pictures of it - the closer it is to being done and running.
Shoot...now I don't know which project to start first...the WC3 or the DUKW!aua

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Yesterday Doc, Tony, BabyBear and I were all ready to launch the recovery mission when the seller called and said he would not be back home til late...but we could go ahead and pick up the truck and leave payment under the fifth rock from the right on the left side of the driveway:tinkerbell:.
We were able to move the mission up about two hours so after a nice steak lunch at the VFW we headed out.

Of course, my camera was no where to be found so I borrowed the company camera...but left it on my desk so no pics of the actual recovery.

We captured that lil rascal with no problems and arrived back at the compound just before dark.
I'm VERY satisfied as the truck is much better than I imagined from the pics.

Here's a few pics with the WC3 in her new home:

Attachments

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
A. That doesn't look bad at all to be 70+ years old.

B. Looks like someone has tried to mess with it recently-newish looking upper radiator hose and battery?

C. Man, no grass grows under that dually! rofl

3dAngus

WOW! You guys are bad azzz.

I couldn't even imagine how to start on that thing. It's one of the reasons why I remain here. So much to learn...

Subscribed.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
WOW! You guys are bad azzz.
I couldn't even imagine how to start on that thing. It's one of the reasons why I remain here. So much to learn...Subscribed.
Well just wait til we go into the "attack mode". The North CAMO detachment (Commander Warp) and the South West Crew will whip that baby into a running, driving, stopping Veteran Representing in no time!

It's all about HEART and the desire to::grd:

3dAngus

Yes, and don't sell yourself short either. Knowledge is key. You guys know what you're doing. Not everyone can say that. I admire and respect you for it.

Now, be sure to send lots of pictures. And if Zout comes down with a bottle of that special Evan Williams of his, let me know. I gotta have another shot of that.:3dAngus:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Someones grubby little paws are itching :popcorn:
I think you should post a couple of pics of your current civvy project so folks can see what you are working on pending the next MV project??

You have my permission to steal this thread cause your work on that ride is classic!!:D

zout

permission granted 1sgt Photo434.jpgPhoto683.jpgPhoto685.jpg1ST day was picking up - second day getting it set up in the garage - I have 32 days in my spare time now from start to now - fire up is this weekend and
1972 Chevelle been sitting untouched since 1987.

3dAngus

Zout,

OK, so I'm guessing I'm slow. You apparently do repairs and restorations. Do you work at home, or have a business, or work for someone who has a business?

It might be good for some of us, as well as yourself, if this was clarified. I'm sure you pick and choose, but tell us at what level you work and how you work it. Some people may be interested in finding a man of your talent in the N. Georgia area. And I may have a M37 I need help with.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Zout,
OK, so I'm guessing I'm slow. You apparently do repairs and restorations. Do you work at home, or have a business, or work for someone who has a business?
It might be good for some of us, as well as yourself, if this was clarified. I'm sure you pick and choose, but tell us at what level you work and how you work it. Some people may be interested in finding a man of your talent in the N. Georgia area. And I may have a M37 I need help with.
There is only ONE Commander Warp...and he works alone...from a secret location known only to a select few.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks