• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

WC3 Coming to Papa!!

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
LOL...you just don't know the half of it Bro...get the CAMO Crew all together...add some beer and "Zout Juice" and GTF outta the way...cause sumpin is about to happen!!
(Most of the time it's good):shock:

maccus

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Well if you would learn to share a little bit PB. You could probably get Clinto to take care of the DUKW so you could work on the new WC. Be a nice old GI and let him have it...........the DUKW that is.

zout

3DAngus - answers to your questions in order:
No your not
No I do not
Yes at the DZ and I do not own a business
I absolutely pick and choose
Most folks could not afford me - and here is why

I hesitated to even post the civy as it does NOT belong here - I will be the first to admit it - but I was kindly asked and them is the only pics that will get posted of it - others will get their daily updated day by day e mail to bore them of knowing I am not sittin on my rear haunch as a good CAMO should do.
My neighbor helped me a couple days in the high extreme heat while I sand blasted and got on the roof of the M43B1 - total time he spent was about a good 7 hrs of time - but to a normal man working around me would be like two week period - 8 hr days.
All the time he was hinting he had this car - and seen how I worked. 33 days ago I surprised him and told him I made room to work on it and lets go get it - as we did. 33 days later is what you saw.

I did enough work to cover what was more than enough to pay him back for his assistance - from there I charge him an hourly rate - and he buys the parts - run out of parts the car will go outside like it is - however it is and he will have two days to get me parts or remove it from my property. If I were a shop he would be paying me no less than $55 per hour - paid in full end of each week - If I was not paid - the car would go outside unprotected (as would be in our signed contract) and he would be charged $40 per day storage till paid. End of 30 days car would me sold.
I HATE working on other folks stuff besides just a couple folks whom I know at this time. I trust no one else.

PB owes me nothing - but if you PM him and ask him what that WC would look like after 3 weeks at my place I am sure he would tell you in private - but not out in public on SS. And - he could offer whatever he wanted for doing it and I would not accept anything.
I call those kind of people - FRIENDS. I have about two of em.

I will give advise if asked if no one expects it - to the best of my ability to not steer them wrong and get it done right.
Commander Warp has a long history in the field - Ron here has even seen pics of a 1971 Shovelhead Chopper I made from ground up - PM and ask him how that looked - I did it in 7 months from scratch.
blah blah blah - enough of my jibberish.

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
****! I need to either:
1)Move closer to Zout, as he works on some cool stuff, or
2)Move closer to CAMO, as they find some cool stuff..........

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
OK, today was the first day we actually got to play with the WC in attack mode and I'm gonna tell ya...it's better than the seller said it is.

We decided to start major disassembly because the Tinswoodsman called us panseys for doing things half a$$ed!!

There's good and bad news...

The bad:
Looks like the block was cracked and welded...very old wound...seems OK though...pending tear down of engine...will report later.
Trans was frozen and both drive shafts are bent (Seller informed me of this up front)
Not much other bad news except missing stuff which was known from the sellers original pics...so that's not so bad.

The good:
This baby is a true 1941 WC3...with supporting data plates etc.
Has the original "honeycomb" radiator...which had coolant and pretty green antifreeze. Seems in good shape.
The frame is in fantastic shape for age and only requires one minor repair.
All original 6 volt system...but may be converted to 12 volt...that's undecided.
The engine spins over freely with the starter...haven't checked fire/fuel etc yet.
Most of the known needed parts can be had from John at MWM fairly reasonably.

Here's some pics of CAMO in the attack mode...there may have been some beer involved...but no MV parts were harmed in this operation:

Attachments

Last edited:

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know where you can get tranny shafts. I had to replace them when I did mine. Got one at VPW and the other from the Netherlands

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I know where you can get tranny shafts. I had to replace them when I did mine. Got one at VPW and the other from the Netherlands
Well I THINK we are OK...Troy got everything loose and moving smoothly...I know it looks rough but I've had worse and we fixed em up.
The T-case and both chuncks seem to function properly but we will tear em apart, clean/service/repair/re-seal as required.

I would hate to disappoint the "Texas CAMO Detachment" by doing shady work! Oh...and we DID have a big lunch!:oops:

Attachments

zout

PB - can ya use this trunk deck for the WC tailgatePhoto796.jpgPhoto803.jpgPhoto796.jpg - I think you already called dibs on the engine for the DUKW as well.
Photo803.jpgMaybe the hood can be manipulated to fit as well

Danger Ranger

Just run it over with the crane-truck-thingy first! Those new radials should get it nice and flat.

Always good to see progress from Zout. looks good.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Awe poo poo!!
Yesterday I had big plans of making some real progress on the WC 3.

Zout and 73M819 came down and were chomping at the bit to help...BUT>>>

Troy had an engine torn down in one of the wreckers and we didn't have much room to work and we couldn't stir up dust etc., PLUS Chris failed to bring down the sandblaster...(which didn't really surprise me) so tomorrow I will buy one!
Also...it was wet, nasty, windy and cold outside so we had to sit around and tell lies instead of working.

NOW...if a good friend of mine was not half stepping and double clutching around with a civvy project, he would have room for my baby in his nice warm garage and would be happily bringing her back to life....I won't mention any names.

Oh...here's a couple of pics on Zout's progress...I gotta say...the ole boy is doing excellent work!

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks