• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

WC52 My First One

Superdave

I posted this on the WW2 Dodge form as not everyone goes to all of the sights so here it is as well.

Well I finally got a WC52 (Project) a couple days ago. This unit was recovered here in southern Alberta when a friend told me about it in the local Buy And Sell. I emailed the seller that night and the next day got his phone number and called him to find out the details regarding this unit. The next day set out on a 12hr drive there and back to pick it up. From what I can tell from the frame serial number 81614243 (Data plate lost) it would be a late December 1942 or early January 1943. The original hood (Hole cut in it) # 2251478 came with it but is toast as someone in the past used a smoke wrench on it. I have always wanted a WC52 but up here in Canada its next to impossible to find any WW2 dodge trucks and this is the first one I have come across in 8 years. It is going to be a project but overall the truck is about 95% rust free but has the usual dents and scrapes one would find of a 70 year old vehicle. There was no Motor, Transmission, Seats or Rad with it among other parts and only has 1 front leaf spring so I will be getting a list together as I will be coming down to the CAMP DELTA meet in a couple weeks and the MVPA convention in July and hopefully some of the members here might have some spare parts to help with it or know someone that might.

IMG_3023.jpgIMG_3018.jpgIMG_3019.jpgIMG_3020.jpgIMG_3021.jpgIMG_3022.jpg

Superdave

I will keep everyone up to date when I start the project as I have a M37 to Finnish off here this spring. Right now I am trying to locate all of the main parts I will need for it as I would like to get them when I am down there at both meets as the shipping is a real killer nowadays.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks