• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

WD40 Cure???

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I doubt that anything will do that. Once they get crusty, just wear em out quick and scrap em.

Elwenil

Rubber decays just like everything else. There's not much you can do about it once they are dry rotted. You can make them look better with a little shine like some many of the monkeys on Ebay do, but there's really no help for it. If I remember right, WD-40 will eat tires up so that would only make it worse.

Jones

WD40 isn't all it's cracked up to be. It's a moisture grabber so it'll actually form a thin water layer and rust the parts it's supposed to be protecting. On metal, Kroil is what we've gone to with far better results. For long term storage of machined surfaces, a coating of any of the spray-on, turns-to-a-waxy-coating products are good to use.
We don't coat our tires so don't have any recommendations other than we're instructed NOT to use Armorall.

devilman96

Liquid silicone is actually the thing to use for a protecting tires, It will not fix the cracks but it will protect the tires and add moisture to the rubber... IMHO...WD40 is crap for any application.

Katch1

wd-40 is more of a solvent than a lubricant, one other thing to remember about wd-40 is that it attacks loctite thread lockers and sealers.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks